Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #1

Pooped On Then Moved-My RV Park Experience

So here is a brief rundown of the last few days in this RV Park I am currently at in Tucson.

I returned here from Texas just the other day after sitting on a Pipeline gate. I have been coming to this park for 3+ years spending as much as 5 months here. In fact we were here for 5 months before we went to the pipeline job. It is a modest smaller park that used to be very friendly and pretty well run.

We had made a reservation at least two weeks in advance and when we realized we would be a day early we called and were told no problem.

Now in the quick decline of this park the last few times we have reserved the manager has given us spaces she should have known were too small for us. This time was no different and I was given a site that wouldn't fit my trailer.

The manager then gave me a site that she said had been reserved but the customer had postponed until the 18th. So I took it. It is one of those sites that can be a pull thru for one unit or two medium sized rigs can use as normal.

The first night here my dog went crazy barking inside the trailer and we quieted him but he knew something was amiss. This happened a second time after we went to bed. I looked out the window but didnt see anything.

The next morning I go out and find a pile of dog poop in the middle of my space definitely NOT my dogs. This explained my dogs reaction of the night before. (there is a designated dog walk area)

Then while sitting at breakfast the next morning my dog Andy started barking crazily again and I look out to find a woman with her small dog on a leash letting her dog poop right in the middle of my space...I darted right out of the trailer and confronted her and said to her "I would appreciate it if you wouldn't do that" She looked at me as if I was the unreasonable and rude person instead of her. Without apology she just marched on....When I told the manager her reaction was notable and instructive about why this place is declining...She said "well that lady will only be here another day or two"...UH?

On the second day here the most disturbing thing happened; the manager came to me and asked me to move to another site to accommodate this huge class A that had just come in...

Once again the spot she wanted to put me into was too small for my trailer...the slide this time... and the man next to me had to move his truck from HIS parking space to accommodate me. He couldn't get his truck started so we had to push it out. He by the way is a long term resident of the park.

I was not happy about this request and made it known to the manager. I started looking for another park to go to immediately but out of the ten we called none had a space for this night.

Once the class A got into his (my) space he couldn't raise his giant satellite TV antenna because of a tree branch and wanted the park to cut the tree. Cut a tree to watch TV??

The reason for this entire affair was obvious despite the managers many excuses...this Class A pulled in or called, needed a space and was given mine. Of course they will pay the pull thru price and be here more than the nine days I will be before I head to Alaska.

But we also know from experience that the reservation system here is in chaos and the management more and more out of touch.

So in this case the manager decided to inconvenience and anger a very good long term customer (Me) and one of her long term residents for a few nights of class A income. To my mind not the best business decision.

Now there are many rumours afloat here about why this place has gone downhill in the last two years with decisions like this more common every day and the reservations system so fouled up that often people with what they think are confirmed places find themselves camping next to the office and plugged into the managers electric.

Needless to say we enjoyed this place and many of the very friendly folks that stay here but this will be the last time we come here.

Sadly we see more and more of this kind of haphazard management at parks large and small across the country. Some that we have been to more than once seem to be declining.

I just want a nice quiet place that is simple and has decent wifi. I don't need multiple pickle ball courts or bands or dances on offer. Just give me a space that fits and keep me there.
This seems more and more elusive every day but used to be the norm.
BTFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Is the manager also the owner of the park? If not, I would relate this whole situation to the owner!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #3

With the large number of RVs being sold and the number of them on the road, RV Parks have many customers and one more or less from a full park means little to them. Just a sign of the times. Not like the old days.
05 Dolphin #5342
Chuck Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #4

benson I-10 RV Park in Benson, AZ abt 40-mi east of Tucson. if’s been several years since we’ve been there but it was our go-to place when we came thru the area. no trees, FHU, cable, wifi.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #5

I would leave no doubt, with as many people as possible, as to why they are losing a long term customer.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #6

just leave a Bad/Honest review.

people who don't clean up after their dogs are everywhere. I'm a dog owner and I carry extra poop bags with me, but after awhile I got tried of being the Poop Police.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #7

If the manager is not the owner than the owner has no way of knowing the manager is a POS unless you contact them. You have a good standing as a many year returning renter. Any owner would be honored to hear feed back from you if they cared about their business.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Btft what CG exactly is this ?
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #9

Whats the world coming to???
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #10

The manager is not the owner of this park.

The owners are absentee and we are talking to those who know how to contact them.

The sad part is that we (park employees and I) are convinced the Class A will never return here for any length of time and in the process of pandering to them including actually cutting a major limb off of one of the nicest trees in the park the manager has angered two very good tenants/customers.

But I was aiming at a larger question in my post and that is Park Management in general which I feel has always lagged way behind most businesses and it seems to be getting worse.

We seem to run in to these silly sorts of things more often now. And in fact the thread here about the 10 Year Rule is a good example of that.

To show how really absurd this is a few months ago this manager had asked us to return next winter to Work Camp here. We demurred politely agreeing to let her know by June. But that was months ago and we had our reservations about dealing with her then.

We have tried to be patient and hope that things would improve but that seems to be a lost cause at this point.
BTFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #11

You should return and taker HER JOB!
Old 03-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFT View Post
Snip
I just want a nice quiet place that is simple and has decent wifi. I don't need multiple pickle ball courts or bands or dances on offer. Just give me a space that fits and keep me there.
This seems more and more elusive every day but used to be the norm.

My guess is if you had stayed at such a place you would have had a confirmed reservation that you could count on and would have been treated like a customer not a issue to deal with.

Usually the nicer parks treat you well, but not always. I made a online reservation at a park in central FL, pretty nice park and they even sent me a automated e-mail reminder 2 days before my stay. When I checked in they had no reservation for me. I showed them my original reservation confirmation and the reminder they sent 2 days before. They accommodated me and apologized. Said they were under new mgm and didn't know what happened. Friends we were traveling with arrived a day later who also reserved the same time we did, but they had their reservation. Very strange, but they accommodated us and we were happy. Very glad they were not full.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:17 PM   #13

As we have a son in the area, we try to make it to Tucson each year. Would you please name the park so I don't experience the same sad situation?
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:13 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Why don’t you leave reviews on Good Sam and trip advisor, sites made for reviews? An iRV2 public spat won’t accomplish much.