Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2023, 03:13 PM   #43

Comedy

Glad you posted this. I needed a good laugh today
rvvolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2023, 03:27 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
She ended the title with a preposition? Hmmm....
Yeah, what was she thinking of.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 03:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Yeah, what was she thinking of.

I see what you did there
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 05:25 PM   #46

Clickbait.
Old 01-06-2023, 04:44 AM   #47
Commercial Member

I believe the writer made far too many blanket statements across the various brands of RV's.

With that said, I own an RV service company and have spent many years working on everything from the cheap towables to Prevosts. I can tell you for a fact that quality has deteriorated in a big way with many of the manufacturers.

When you spend 40 hours a week inside RV walls, roofs, floors, storage bays in addition to chasing a multitude of electrical issues, you soon learn which brands are built better and which ones cut corners that significantly turned that particular RV into a rolling headache. Owners see the surface of their RV's, my techs and I see the guts of an RV after all the glitter is stripped away and many times it is mind boggling to think how some of these units are built. Some we have seen makes us wonder how they hold together going down a bumpy road.

Some of the methods and processes used in designing and building some of these RV's in addition to materials used is downright scary. Aside from the quality issues and recalls what I find the most disturbing is the service and support the manufacturers are providing, especially when it comes to warranty issues and ongoing problems with defects. They will do anything and everything to run from a claim.

All of this contributes to the backlog of work for service centers. Many of the premier service centers that turns out high quality repairs are booked out months in advance. I know my shop is booked solid till spring. I often wonder where the RV industry will end up at and if a wave will come from consumers demanding higher quality RV's. I hope so.
Chris T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs