Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
How can you get it for $800?
called up, ordered, gave credit card #, and waited 3 days for delivery.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #44

As I posted, I went on their site, gave my info, and got an email with a $899 quote. I was they able to see the prices on their site. When did you get it for $800?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #45

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club

Honda RV EV4010 Generator
Honda currently provides a few RV generators and the EV4010 is one of those. The Honda RV E4010 generator provides 4,000 watts and 120V. The Honda EV4010 uses a 12 HP twin-cylinder, liquid cooled engine with electric start. For a RV generator, the Honda EV4010 provides the dependability of a Honda engine and enough power for an AC unit.

or

Honda RV EV6010 Generator
The Honda RV EV6010 generator provides 6,000 watts of power in a compact design. The 12.2 HP twin-cylinder, liquid cooled engine provides a dependable source for powering AC units as well as other electronics as well. The Honda EV6010 also comes with a decent warranty for generators and features easy access to maintenance areas.
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
As I posted, I went on their site, gave my info, and got an email with a $899 quote. I was they able to see the prices on their site. When did you get it for $800?
ordered 2 and a parallel cable. Total was $1675 in Oct 2011
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #47

Ok, that makes more sense now. Right after I bought my Yammy, the price went way up, too.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #48

I asked on another thread and didn't get a reply. Does the duplex cord do some magic or what?

Old 05-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #49

I have the EU3000is is ok for home to heavy to take camping
like the EU2000i Companion a lot lighter and
with the parallel cable you get 4000w
WeatherTodd did you buy the EU2000i companion
at that price CW has them for around $1200 for one
1stCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I asked on another thread and didn't get a reply. Does the duplex cord do some magic or what?
The inverter series generators us an electronic circuit to create a 120volt power at 60 hertz. The two generators running independent of the other, each run at 60 hertz. They are mostly like out of place and not exactly on 60 hertz. To keep it simple, the parallel cables do tow things. It allows both benerators to contribute toward the total 4000Watt capacity. Secondly, the cable allows the two generators to communicate and synchronize the tow sources so that they are now in phase with each other.

Getting parallel generators it operate together requires some complex circuitry which is easily done with the proper electronics.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #51

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. Thx.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #52

so you buy two honda EU2000i companions with
the parallel cable and your good to go right
Old 05-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
The eu and yammie panel have the microprocessor that balances the load when parallel. Cord is nothing special other than the connectors.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCougar View Post
I have the EU3000is is ok for home to heavy to take camping
like the EU2000i Companion a lot lighter and
with the parallel cable you get 4000w
WeatherTodd did you buy the EU2000i companion
at that price CW has them for around $1200 for one

in 2009 I bought two EU2000. In 2011 I bought 1 companion and 1 regular unit and the Honda parallel cord. The companion generator has the standard 30amp plug already on the unit so you dont have to buy anything else to plug an RV umbillical cord into.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #55

so you don't have to buy two companions
Old 05-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #56

National RV Owners Club
As the OP of the thread, Thanks to all for the replies and opinions. After reading several folks posts about their own generators it seems that more folks own Honda's than Yamaha's. I think for good reason. They're awesome generators. As a matter of fact, I don't think Honda puts their name on anything that isn't a good product. I think the same goes for Yamaha as well. After viewing many youtube videos, reading every review I could find and researching everything I could find, I decided on the Yamaha EF2000 and ordered it from wisesales yesterday. I read a lot of positive reviews and comments about wisesales, and it is a brick and morter store. They, like a lot of other smart retailers just do some advertising and sales on the internet. I got the gen for $910.99 out the door. Saved around $90 over purchasing from Amazon and almost $170 over my local Cabela's.

Looking forward to getting it next week. Filling it with some Amsoil and using it the following weekend. I will eventually be purchasing the oil change kit to make oil changes easier and less messy.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote