Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Question Portable septic systems

We want to park our motor coach at our property while we are building a new home. We will have water and electricity but won't have the septic system in place for quite a while and was curious if anyone knows of any portable or temporary system?
Connie and Paul Cooper
ccooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccooper View Post
We want to park our motor coach at our property while we are building a new home. We will have water and electricity but won't have the septic system in place for quite a while and was curious if anyone knows of any portable or temporary system?
Connie and Paul Cooper
Construction companies use "Porta John's". There will need to be one on your site anyway.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:27 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The porta john truck that comes to clean the porta potties can also remove the waste from your rv sewer tanks.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:34 PM   #4

Portable septic systems

A company I worked for sold 1000 gallon hard plastic bury-able tanks, it was fairly inexpensive , could do that and have it pumped when the porta Johns get serviced

Why not tie into the septic/sewer since that’s going to be one of the first things installed with new construction

Edit, have the construction install that connection/system first?
Old 02-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccooper View Post
Connie and Paul Cooper
Burry a tank or just put one down hill? Size will vary by needs and pumping.

Last but not least you could easily just pump up into a tank and have it pumped out by a Honey Dipper/or by the San Can Pumper that will come by every week.

In Maryland if you build you need a porta-pot on site and they clean and pump every week - so not sure what the rule is in TX.

Not hard probably could handle it in your tanks as The Grey water is not an Issue just the Black Tank.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:30 PM   #6

You can get your tanks pumped out. But it would be pricey for a long term solution.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:51 AM   #7
tcg

You can get a portable tote tank, Ive seen 42 gallon sizes.

You would need a way to get it to a dump station or local state park.

Get a small trailer to wheel it into or maybe a ramp for a pickup truck.

It would be a little heavy full but might be doable.

How big is your holding tank and how often will you be emptying it? You could always just drive to a dump site as needed.

When they built our house I put a porta potty in the garage that the contractors used. I emptied it once a day at my neighbor's house. There were just 2 guys that built our house so it wasn't hard to manage and the sewer was the first plumbing job once the walls were up.

As others have said if it's a big job there should be a porta john on site.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:48 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure where you live which would dictate what you might be able to do.
I just built a new house and had plumbed in an RV hookup so that I could live in the coach while I was finishing the house.

However, the septic system couldn't be installed before a lot of the house was completed. I only used the RV systems for cooking and "emergencies".

When I did have the system installed I wanted to bypass the septic tank from the washing machine grey water. I plumbed a separate line around the septic tank and then tied it back in to the line going to the drain field. When the inspector came to inspect he said I should have just dug a trench, filled it with gravel and used that as a separate drain field for the washing machine. Since I already had mine plumbed in I didn't change it.

You might contact your local inspector and see if you could construct a small drain field for your grey water. That way you could get by using the portapottie but be able to take showers etc.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems