Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #85
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
FWIW the company that contracts solely with Camping World to haul their RV's closed its doors yesterday. Country Wide RV Transport LLC.
You don't suppose that has something to do with the jury award of 26.5 million against them and nothing at all to do with Camping World?

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/2...death-verdict/
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2019, 06:49 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by igave View Post
I have little trust in what I read in a lot of publications these days. I’m not sure there is an unbiased outfit out there any longer. Just me, I suppose. While I will never buy an rv from CW, they’re pretty handy to pop in when I need some accessory or part when we’re traveling. I’ve yet to find the volume or selection of “stuff” at any rv dealership so far to match it. If I’m home and don’t need the accessory right away then I shop and get it elsewhere usually. They’re pretty handy to have spread around at times. Got too big, too fast, and should have stayed in their nitch it seems to me. I can see the restructuring and downsizing but I’d be surprised at a full blown bankruptcy.

Would you consider a balance sheet biased? Take a look at CWH's balance sheet and you can see for yourself all is not well with Camping world financially. For example EPS is negative 6 cent per share and down 93% YTD, they have lost $22 million on sales of $4.8 billion. and their profit margin is in negative territory. While chapter 7 is not assured it looks like a possibility, or at least a dividend cut. I actually like to shop there.They have well stocked product lines and competitive prices. perhaps too competitive based on the losses on sales.
bladerunner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spd97 View Post
I was responding (if you will note my included quote) to the statement that the NY Times was the standard of the world. So yes I am disparaging various news media, and actually I am incredulous that anyone over 50 believes that unbiased news even exists, especially when politics are involved.

Back on topic. The OP reported on an article that he read in a financial newsletter concerning a well known nationwide retailer that is familiar to everyone in the RV community. I think his post is relative to this forum and I didn't read any agenda into his post although some apparently did. In my area CW and Gander are the goto stores for rv and camping related accessories and I would hate to see them in trouble.

As to the owner of these companies I think he is an idiot for mixing politics with business thereby offending roughly half, if not more, of his customer base. Those that defend him saying that he never said what was reported, I would guess lean to the left, those that vow never to patronize his stores, lean to the right. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

We live in troubled times my friends. Everything is politicized and there is no longer any middle ground. My DW and I spend as much time as possible camping and riding motorcycles and avoiding the insanity of the world today. Try to stay happy.
We're largely in agreement.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:48 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrone View Post
A heads up:

It has been rumored in the financial press that CW is possibly headed toward bankruptcy. This was posted on CreditMonitorRisk.com which lists CW as a company with a high risk of Bankruptcy.
Thoughts?
Bill
Any company can company possibly file for bankruptcy/restructuring. That is likely based on credit to earnings ratio, the purchase of Gander Mountain substantially increased credit ratio; business as usual IMO.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #89

I wonder if the gander mountain purchase is an effort to move inventory to another company ? Before they actually go bankrupt?
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:55 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl.swoyer View Post
I wonder if the gander mountain purchase is an effort to move inventory to another company ? Before they actually go bankrupt?
Hard to say but we had a Gander Mountain store up here. It closed for a while and another business moved into the vacant spot. They were a totally different business than sporting goods. The new company failed and moved out leaving the store vacant again. This store is located in a large shopping Mall just outside the city.
After CW bought GM they moved the 'Gander Outdoors' store back into the same store. Now they are having a going out of business sale.
A small amount of RV accessories were stocked in the store from what I have heard but no RV's on the location property. There is a CW about 60 miles south of this location.
Good riddance IMO.
While I was a frequent shopper at 'Gander Mountain' I never darkened the door way of 'Gander Outdoors'.
Lynn
Old 11-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #91

Possible CW bankruptcy

I also wonder about them. I had 2 credits due me and I had to make multiple calls and big delays before I got the credits.
viking41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:44 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking41 View Post
I also wonder about them. I had 2 credits due me and I had to make multiple calls and big delays before I got the credits.
It always takes some time if the local store cannot make the credit. Credits are done in KY. Once notified it takes a couple more days then about 10 days for your card company to post it.

Tags
camping, camping world