Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2019, 04:52 AM   #71

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple H View Post
Seriously! The OP provided a link to the story. I suppose if it was in the New York Times it would be acceptable as “newsworthy”, even though that publication is bias and not trustworthy. Just quietly move on.
Another NYT bias.

Only the most reputable newspaper in the world.

I know it's hard to read for some.

CW had a really good October in the market, they are fine for now.
Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2019, 05:13 AM   #72

Angry Some employees need to go or get better leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrone View Post
A heads up:

It has been rumored in the financial press that CW is possibly headed toward bankruptcy. This was posted on CreditMonitorRisk.com which lists CW as a company with a high risk of Bankruptcy.
Thoughts?
Bill
Most of the Camping World is so-so. We bought our 5th wheel at a CW in Marion, NC. The finance manager almost peed in the floor when we pulled out our own financing. They were so-so. One CW in Hendersonville, NC is one of the worse business ever. Many yrs ago they would not even acknowledge us. We were looking for a 5th wheel. Over the years I have talked my husband in to stopping again over the years just to see if they got better. HAVE NOT. We stopped again this weekend. Not one person even noticed were were there. I approached 3 employees to find out there they moved the RV furniture. They all looked down to avoid us. We found it on our own. We rolled on the chairs, tried them all out and not one person came over. We walked away then a employee came out started setting up a new chair. 1-2mins. after we walked away. No one was manning the check out. We walked out back to the car and left. Not one person acknowledged us. We probably did look scruffy. We had 8 hr trip to my daughter for a emergency home repair then 8 hrs back. We stopped there 10/27/19 at 2pm. Besides us maybe 3 others were in the store.
hotcrossbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:30 AM   #73

Recent Info

I was recently in the CW at Myrtle Beach. Checkout employee mentioned the purchase of Gander Mtn assets by CW and that now CW upper level management were GM people - thought that was odd as did the employee. Regards. Ed
edaa53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:28 AM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcrossbuns View Post
Most of the Camping World is so-so. We bought our 5th wheel at a CW in Marion, NC. The finance manager almost peed in the floor when we pulled out our own financing. They were so-so. One CW in Hendersonville, NC is one of the worse business ever. Many yrs ago they would not even acknowledge us. We were looking for a 5th wheel. Over the years I have talked my husband in to stopping again over the years just to see if they got better. HAVE NOT. We stopped again this weekend. Not one person even noticed were were there. I approached 3 employees to find out there they moved the RV furniture. They all looked down to avoid us. We found it on our own. We rolled on the chairs, tried them all out and not one person came over. We walked away then a employee came out started setting up a new chair. 1-2mins. after we walked away. No one was manning the check out. We walked out back to the car and left. Not one person acknowledged us. We probably did look scruffy. We had 8 hr trip to my daughter for a emergency home repair then 8 hrs back. We stopped there 10/27/19 at 2pm. Besides us maybe 3 others were in the store.
So they are not there to sell anything? Bet it get's hungry at their house since they don't get paid. Some people don't want to get waited on. They just want to
complain.
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:00 AM   #75

We hope NOT because we have had wonderful experiences with them. They are easy to find in many major cities. We have found them trustworthy and competent to meet our needs in quite a few situations where we were on-the-road and dare not trust the local mobile RV repair people or shade tree shops or high-priced dealership service centers. LET US HOPE THEY STAY IN BUSINESS FOR ALL OF US.
Jurisdictionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:17 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
At the risk of getting too far off topic...

Believe what? In Peter Pan or the Tooth Fairy? The Great Pumpkin (we're rooting for you this year, Linus!) or Harry Potter?

Or are you disparaging various news media?
I was responding (if you will note my included quote) to the statement that the NY Times was the standard of the world. So yes I am disparaging various news media, and actually I am incredulous that anyone over 50 believes that unbiased news even exists, especially when politics are involved.

Back on topic. The OP reported on an article that he read in a financial newsletter concerning a well known nationwide retailer that is familiar to everyone in the RV community. I think his post is relative to this forum and I didn't read any agenda into his post although some apparently did. In my area CW and Gander are the goto stores for rv and camping related accessories and I would hate to see them in trouble.

As to the owner of these companies I think he is an idiot for mixing politics with business thereby offending roughly half, if not more, of his customer base. Those that defend him saying that he never said what was reported, I would guess lean to the left, those that vow never to patronize his stores, lean to the right. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

We live in troubled times my friends. Everything is politicized and there is no longer any middle ground. My DW and I spend as much time as possible camping and riding motorcycles and avoiding the insanity of the world today. Try to stay happy.
5spd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:18 AM   #77

Camping World In Belleville Michigan

I use and recommend Camping World in Belleville Michigan, The facility looks old and worn but inside its well stocked and reasonably priced. The service department has been great to work with and they allowed me to talk to the tech before and after the service work was performed. My coach was hit by a drunk driver this summer and I allowed their body shop to do the repair work and Richard the body shop manager gave me weekly updates on how the repair was going. So tell me what is their not to like about Camping World when you get this kind of service

Corky Zaron
Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Corkyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #78

Hey...I’m the first one to give accolades to a business with good customer service after they’ve been bashed constantly, but you won’t hear it from me about CW....I could go on about poor service etc, but that’s all been covered for the last 6 pages...what I have heard and read is the biggest issue plaguing CW is their in-house financing and extended warranties that they sell....people are upside down from the minute they drive off the lot and you can never make that up. Anyone that is currently paying for the extended warranty should buy it out or cancel before it’s too late. I’m actually surprised a restructuring hasn’t occurred yet...Lemonis is pretty sharp when it comes to the shell game...
RonandSueH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:16 PM   #79

Heading for bankruptcy? LOL
Just do as others.... shave some jobs, close locations, give the execs a bonus for cutting expenses and use bankruptcy to lower debts and obligations, buy another company, cut workforce there, close locations, even though you promised not to, give the execs a bonus again for cutting expenses.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:02 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
From the other side from RV Miles

I personally have used CW for a repair in the past. Absolutely good serves and good repair. When we are camping near one we always visit and pick up items "we think" we need and have never had a problem with their product.

As stated in the article, there are problems with the small RV dealers just as much as with the larger ones, none of them are saints. My wife named our last MH "Citrus," just to be polite. Seems not dealer/rv repair could get it right.
I agree. I have never bought a RV from Camping World, but have had repairs and have purchased goods from them. Never had an issue. Service was good and I kind of like going in once in a while just to look around. I have only used the one in Belleville Michigan. Wouldn’t want to see it close.
19jcm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:06 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkyz View Post
I use and recommend Camping World in Belleville Michigan, The facility looks old and worn but inside its well stocked and reasonably priced. The service department has been great to work with and they allowed me to talk to the tech before and after the service work was performed. My coach was hit by a drunk driver this summer and I allowed their body shop to do the repair work and Richard the body shop manager gave me weekly updates on how the repair was going. So tell me what is their not to like about Camping World when you get this kind of service

Corky Zaron
Winnebago Vectra 40KD
I agree 100%. Belleville location has been great.
19jcm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:43 PM   #82

Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:00 PM   #83

FWIW the company that contracts solely with Camping World to haul their RV's closed its doors yesterday. Country Wide RV Transport LLC.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:25 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrone View Post
A heads up:

It has been rumored in the financial press that CW is possibly headed toward bankruptcy. This was posted on CreditMonitorRisk.com which lists CW as a company with a high risk of Bankruptcy.
Thoughts?
Bill
Good riddance on one side of my brain, the other says maybe someone who can run a business will take it over. They obviously have business...because you can't get near one for service. I think they need to restructure and do what they do best, drop the rest or maybe make it a separate company with it's own profit structure. I have worked for companies that where two different businesses were mixed. Both had different pricing,profit and inventory structures. The control company always tried to force both to comply/operate on one business plan..and failed. Seen it happen over and over in business. We need a good resource similar to CW nationally that will be honest, and give this industry what it needs. I remember when CW began...and it was a dream come true.
Jmoncr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world