Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2021, 07:46 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtn21 View Post
My error on the date - we are being evicted on 1-3-22.

No other reasons for eviction. Manager just walked into laundry room while I was there & asked if we were going to update our unit to newer than 2000, otherwise we had to move. New owners wife went through one day & didn't like our unit, so we have to move. We are moving - don't want to stay here any longer.

Humor us and post a picture. Sorry this has happened during the holidays.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2021, 07:54 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
This is unfortunate.

I try to take care of my rig, it's going on 20 years, a 2002 model. That being said it is still showing it's age, still looks OK but no doubt it would not past the mustard at some of the high end RV parks.

Not necessarily a problem for me because we don't patronize these types of parks anyway but for people who depend on being able to stay in parks it's a problem.

On a good note, the Knoxville area has lots of parks so you should be able to find another spot. Just ask up front if there is an age limit and any other restrictions that they may have.

Good Luck.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:08 AM   #31

[QUOTE=...........You could consult a lawyer and possibly fight but what would you really gain by going to war with the park’s ownership and management?[/QUOTE]

For one, lawyers are great for filing frivolous lawsuits for compensatory or whatever damages. In all honesty there has to be more to the OP's story.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:55 AM   #32

Quote:
No other reasons for eviction. Manager just walked into laundry room while I was there & asked if we were going to update our unit to newer than 2000, otherwise we had to move. New owners wife went through one day & didn't like our unit, so we have to move. We are moving - don't want to stay here any longer.

Please see bold text above. I think this is the reason you are being asked to leave. The new owner's have plans for the park that does not include you or your rig. You may be the first of many, or at least a few. Sorry it happened.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:09 AM   #33

"My error on the date - we are being evicted on 1-3-22.
No other reasons for eviction. Manager just walked into laundry room while I was there & asked if we were going to update our unit to newer than 2000, otherwise we had to move. New owners wife went through one day & didn't like our unit, so we have to move. We are moving - don't want to stay here any longer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
Please see bold text above. I think this is the reason you are being asked to leave. The new owner's have plans for the park that does not include you or your rig. You may be the first of many, or at least a few. Sorry it happened.
Agree, this new information adds a different perspective that helps us understand the situation. From that post, you may have coincidentally gotten the news early whereas it may have come to you at the time you attempted to pay for your extended stay next year, or in a formal letter that had yet to be mailed out.

Your decision to move is the correct one both for you and the park.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:42 PM   #34

Quote:

Oh boy. I'm sorry to hear this is happening and hope you got more than a few week's notice.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:29 AM   #35

I errored on the date I posted my original message - the date for us to leave is 1-3-22.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:57 AM   #36

No formal letter has arrived - We only were told & then the email saying they would not accept rent from us for January. But then they have lots of rules that they don't enforce with everyone. One rule - don't park in the laundry parking lot unless doing laundry. Lot holds about 6 vehicles. I have noticed that since the manager has been parking one of her private cars there all the time that rule is no longer mentioned. There are now 2 trucks (at least one is a business truck) always parked there.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:08 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

So your only complaint is that (as far as you know) some other pre-2000 owners have not been told to leave. Other than that, the management is just enforcing a legitimate rule that is problem for you. Probably a result of the new owner being more strict than the prior management, but that doesn't change anything. I think you are wise to just pack up and go.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:07 AM   #38

So sorry to hear of your situation .

You might check your State Law regarding notification to vacate . Most States have a minimum of 30 days up to 90 days . You might also have the COVID Eviction moratorium protection. At least it would give you time to find a new Park .

This is why when we are asked what year is our MH we tell them our 2000 Tioga is a 2007 . Last year of the cab style .

Never had anyone ask to see the license registration .

Always helps to keep it clean and waxed.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:27 AM   #39

E-mail is 'written' notification

Date of E-mail.......doesn't much matter unless you which to engage in a losing lawsuit that will end with same result. You having to move except less monies in your pocket due to lawyers' fees

New owners...Notified you they would not be renewing your long term agreement
*I would suspect unknown to you Others have/will be receiving same notification
(you wouldn't want owners divulging info about you...same would apply to others being told to move)

Time to go.......
Simpe
Old 12-26-2021, 10:30 AM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
So my '88 is just out.......
Old 12-26-2021, 10:39 AM   #41

I have already posted that I believe you are doing the right thing to vacate.

Tagging on the the post by Bill Gail.

I will add one thing. Since you are obviously long term tenants having been at the park for two years, you may have some "right" to be notified earlier than two/three weeks before eviction. If nothing else, you can research the local/state regulations on what constitutes a long term tenancy and what rights, if any, you have for prior notification. If you are entitled to 30-90 days, for example, you could use that as a counter to the owners deadline. No legal challenge, but a bit more time to find a new spot. If you have such a protection, the clock begins on the date of the email notification.
Old 12-26-2021, 12:19 PM   #42

In TN, a month to month RV park renter can be evicted from an RV park for any reason not protected under law.

You have to be given a 30 day notice from the rent due date. ie: if your rent is due on the first and you receive notice on the 15th, your 30 days would begin on the first of the following month giving you a total of 45 days to vacate.

Simple as that. No rent protections or exotic CA or NY type tenant favoritism.

A lease with more liberal terms would prevail and a week to week rental only requires 10 day notice.
Closed Thread