Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Power Gear flashing lights

Pulled my 2007 Dynasty out of the barn in 40 degree weather to pack for a short trip. After slides were extended, started engine and attempted to level with Power Gear air/hyd system. Auto button was not responsive. When selecting Travel button, Travel and Hyd lights flashed rapidly. Powered panel off and on again. Selected Manual and Hyd but Auto still unresponsive. Coach appeared at max ride height and jacks were up against frame. Used Manual plus All Four Corners Lower and coach lowered. Jacks remained stowed. Still nothing from attempts to select Auto. Assume that the hydraulic reservoir for jacks is the tank under the entry stairs. Fluid level checks ok. Would appreciate any and all help.
ccdriver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdriver99 View Post
Pulled my 2007 Dynasty out of the barn in 40 degree weather to pack for a short trip. After slides were extended, started engine and attempted to level with Power Gear air/hyd system. Auto button was not responsive. When selecting Travel button, Travel and Hyd lights flashed rapidly. Powered panel off and on again. Selected Manual and Hyd but Auto still unresponsive. Coach appeared at max ride height and jacks were up against frame. Used Manual plus All Four Corners Lower and coach lowered. Jacks remained stowed. Still nothing from attempts to select Auto. Assume that the hydraulic reservoir for jacks is the tank under the entry stairs. Fluid level checks ok. Would appreciate any and all help.
Thanks for joining us! Great place to find answers. I just hope when they are mine they are the right one .

Are you certain your batteries are fully charged and watered correctly? This almost sound like a low voltage problem.

Hope you resolve the problem soon. Happy trails.

Rick Y
Old 11-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks.

Power Gear folks responded last night that "With the travel and hydraulic light flashing, this is showing the jacks retracting. If they are fully retracted, then you either have low fluid in the tank or a defective pressure switch."

I found a hydraulic tank under the entry stairs but have not had the nerve to get under the coach and trace the lines to confirm that it is for the jacks. Regardless, the level is ok. Reading other posts to see if I can find any more references to the leveling jack hydraulic tank location.

Still concerned that the jack plates are flush with the frame. Would have expected them to sit down from the frame one or two inches.

Have an appointment Thursday with a local repair shop that has Power Gear smarts in hopes that I can get more information.
ccdriver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:04 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdriver99 View Post
Power Gear folks responded last night that "With the travel and hydraulic light flashing, this is showing the jacks retracting. If they are fully retracted, then you either have low fluid in the tank or a defective pressure switch."

I found a hydraulic tank under the entry stairs but have not had the nerve to get under the coach and trace the lines to confirm that it is for the jacks. Regardless, the level is ok. Reading other posts to see if I can find any more references to the leveling jack hydraulic tank location.

Still concerned that the jack plates are flush with the frame. Would have expected them to sit down from the frame one or two inches.

Have an appointment Thursday with a local repair shop that has Power Gear smarts in hopes that I can get more information.
I hope they come up with a quick and easy solution. I have always had HWH for hydraulic systems. At this time my PowerGear problems have to do with room locks. I have repair kits on the way.

Tags
lights, power, power gear