Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #1

Praise for Forest River RV manufacturer at the F.R.O.G. Rally

I would like to give a shout out to Forest River and say thanks to what they have provided to the users of their products.

I and my wife attended the Forest River Owners Group rally held at Goshen IN. at the Elkhart County fair grounds last week. At this rally there where over 700+ campers and over 90% of them had their trailers service by Forest River for free. The trailers have had everything from axles, suspension, brakes, awnings, to the interior components being replaced such as refrigerators, microwaves, toilets and TV's. I saw one unit that was about six years old that had their entry door replaced and another older unit that had their awning replaced.

My neighbor at the rally who has a Cedar Creek Silverback; who had an issues with his brakes not working correctly, on this unit. His dealer had told him that the brakes where in spec and nothing could be done when this unit was under warranty. He mention that he thought his brakes were not working correctly to the Dexter axle representative at the rally. The techs for Dexter checked his voltage to the brakes and stated that the voltage was to low. The Dexter rep then stated that the entire brake package needed to be replaced and would be replaced for free. Which was done on Thursday by Dexter.

On my unit a 2016 Cedar Creek 34RL; I had one tire and wheel replaced along with a couple of black splash tiles re-glued, plus they tighten a couple of loose screws in the fireplace. I now have one AL spare tire and wheel once I get the tire fix plus the standard spare tire; so I now have two spare tires.

What has amazed me is that I could not even get Keystone to sell me replacement decals for my 2010 Cougar that were peeling and Forest River is doing all of this for free.

Again thanks Forest River and the FROG team that put on this rally.

Jim W.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #2

Wow that what i call service!
cees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #3

Our experience with Forest River was similar to yours. We had an issue that Forest River covered well out of warranty. Yes, the problem was theirs in the making, but we would have had very little alternative other than legal to resolve it and they were quick to jump up and resolve the issues. We have found them to be an excellent company to deal with.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I believe you will find many "Factory" rallies doing the same.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally