Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #57

It is truly sad what has happened to Americans over the last few decades. Education has gone down the tubes!! Most kids cannot solve simple math problems without a calculator and I haven't been able to find a single person my age (33) that can count change back CORRECTLY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofffee View Post
I couldn't agree more! The sad part is they don't learn any respect because that is not taught any more. All this stuff about childrens rights is fine but it should be earned. No respect for parents goes on to teachers and from there goes on to no respect for society and the laws.

I'm noticing that the youth of today seem to have no respect!! I grew up at a time when parents were giving "timeouts" instead of *** whippings... I was one of the few that didn't have it easy (so to speak). I was more worried about disappointing my parents than I was about the punishment. I also had to earn my keep by doing chores around the house. If I wanted something, I had to work for it!! I learned VALUES!!

Another thing that gets under my skin is what I experienced in basic training in 1996... I was there for the change that happened for FY '97 (10-1-96) when US Army drill sergeants lost their pistol belt and whistle because it was "intimidating"!! They couldn't even swear anymore!! I was appalled when a trainee told the DS that he wasn't gonna do any push-ups because he had a PT test in the morning... AND got away with it!! NO RESPECT!!

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I see major issues!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #58

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As Homeschoolers we have given our daughter a leg up on the competition.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #59

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hmmmm--I'm wondering where all these disrespecful, ill mannered, unintelligent young people are? I have four children all grown, all intelligent, all well mannered, all respectful (not all did great in school--the one that got the GED, I couldn't keep him in school, just retired from the NAVY after a full career with a Masters Degree---another did not like school, work or much of anyone or anything, she has two beautiful children a good job a wonderful husband and a new home). these four children of ours have fostered 10 grandchildren, cut pretty much from the same cloth as their parents. They all are doing fine, some in college. some in the military all working or in school all nice to be around. I don't believe they are unique. Of course I never gave up on any of them.

I go to Starbucks every morning, full of young people waiting on me. They are all working hard, they remember my drink order, most remember my name. They carry on meaningful conversation with me, a seventy year old. Some are going into the armed services some on to college, some are not so sure. all are respectful, seemingly decent.

Crystal waits on me at a local restaurant. I was the first person she waited on about three years ago when she started working. She is going to college on money she earned and some assistance (she deserves it). Crystal is nice respecful intelligent.

When we are not at our winter destination we live in a neighbor hood full of wonderful young people going about their lives, intelligent, respectful.

Sure there are some exceptions, but that is what they are the exception. Young immature needing of direction--sort of like me when I was their age. What were we like when we were their ages? Be honest.

Maybe the kids I see are respectful and intelligent because that is the way I view them and speak to them. I guess I'll mull this over a while. Maybe we all should.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #60

Starts at home and comes to kindergarten with them. Foul language and no respect at four years old. At least we were taught to hide user our desk in case of nuclear attack.
Bob cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Hmmmm--I'm wondering where all these disrespecful, ill mannered, unintelligent young people are? I have four children all grown, all intelligent, all well mannered, all respectful (not all did great in school--the one that got the GED, I couldn't keep him in school, just retired from the NAVY after a full career with a Masters Degree---another did not like school, work or much of anyone or anything, she has two beautiful children a good job a wonderful husband and a new home). these four children of ours have fostered 10 grandchildren, cut pretty much from the same cloth as their parents. They all are doing fine, some in college. some in the military all working or in school all nice to be around. I don't believe they are unique. Of course I never gave up on any of them.

I go to Starbucks every morning, full of young people waiting on me. They are all working hard, they remember my drink order, most remember my name. They carry on meaningful conversation with me, a seventy year old. Some are going into the armed services some on to college, some are not so sure. all are respectful, seemingly decent.

Crystal waits on me at a local restaurant. I was the first person she waited on about three years ago when she started working. She is going to college on money she earned and some assistance (she deserves it). Crystal is nice respecful intelligent.

When we are not at our winter destination we live in a neighbor hood full of wonderful young people going about their lives, intelligent, respectful.

Sure there are some exceptions, but that is what they are the exception. Young immature needing of direction--sort of like me when I was their age. What were we like when we were their ages? Be honest.

Maybe the kids I see are respectful and intelligent because that is the way I view them and speak to them. I guess I'll mull this over a while. Maybe we all should.
Honey, did you happen to turn on your TV any time in the recent past and see anything about the Occupy Movements? Feces on the ground, rape in the tents, terrible damage to public property, total disrespect to police and non-occupiers, violence to shopkeepers-

Respectful and intelligent?

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #62

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
No child left behind--- they were.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post

Motorhomees have no business on sand.
On a busy weekend at the Imperial Sand dunes, there are well over 10,000 of them parked on sand.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #64

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
On a busy weekend at the Imperial Sand dunes, there are well over 10,000 of them parked on sand.

Just looking at the condition of the sand and the tread depth appearing on the surface, that stuff would qualify more as a natural asphalt parking lot, its large grain and hard packed, any 2 wheel drive can drive on that stuff.

Go out into the finer sands found in other areas and most vehicles that aren't prepared for the conditions sink in.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:34 AM   #65

There's some soft stuff to the very right of that spot. Myself, with my 5er, got stuck there twice and others get stuck there quite often. There's always somebody with a pickup to help.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote