Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2020, 08:47 AM   #1

Progressive Industries?

It started with odd phone calls to my cell phone. People calling about missing parts, about repaired items. Never enough to the message to indicate who they thought they were calling. I would call back to tell them they called the wrong number. Usually got their voice mail. But there were also the angry ones – who believed I was lying about not knowing who they were or what they were looking for. Wouldn’t believe they were calling a private cell phone. Just wanting to fuss at me – not give me any information.

I changed my personal voice mail message to say if you are calling about parts this is not the right number and I wouldn’t answer calls I didn’t recognize(while generally a good idea – I have a family responsibility which can mean calls come in I don’t have in my contacts). July 6th, I had a gentleman who was willing to spend time telling me how he got my information. It was sent to him on an invoice from Progressive Industries. My name and my cell phone number were printed there as being who to call if there were any problems. Seriously? At that point it had been almost a year since I had last gotten a warranty covered replacement.

So – stopping for a moment. I have been happy with their lifetime warranty. I was not happy with how often I had to use it. Apparently, they had a bad batch of seals that did not keep moisture out of the EMS I bought. And the replacement they sent had the same problem. And the one after that……….

And I guess I am “lucky” they normally do a better job at honoring their warranty or I would have been getting harassed more often.

So on the 6th I used their web based contact function to complain. I told them who I was. That this was based on warranty work. The kind of trouble they caused me. That if they had spent a year telling people I worked for them, they owed me my paycheck, etc. I told them the customer who confirmed the problem.

And what I got was crickets. On the 9th I used their web page again to indicate that they could have at least shown me the courtesy of getting in touch with me to tell me what was being done.

Their response was that they had contacted the other customer and they had him send them the invoice proof so they could identify the facility involved. The info had been forwarded to operations and they were “hopeful” it could be resolved soon. I told them I had been quietly waiting from my first encounter giving them a chance to fix it without spreading the information

First – they could have looked up their own records to see where my warranty replacement came from. They could have looked up where the other customer had their work assigned. That would have confirmed the facility without further inconveniencing amyone. They could have believed that two separate customers were not lying to them. They did not have to put the other customer to the trouble of sending the invoice to them. They were putting any effort to help me on the shoulders of another customer – if he didn’t take the time to send the information, they weren’t going to help me??? I just hope they actually got him what he was trying to get resolved. I did point out they needed to be doing more than hoping that my problem got resolved as they were messing with my life. Nor did they give me any way to contact this other group who was now in control of looking in to my issue.

Well if is now 7/22, 16 days from my first contact asking why they were publishing my name and cell phone number for a year to every person who had warranty work done. I have had no explanation how or why this happened. Nothing to say they have bothered to fix it. Nothing.

So while they have what seems to be a good warranty response, I can only say beware of their response otherwise to issues or the ways they may publish your information. At this point I can only share my experience. I am thankful for the other customer who took the time to listen to me and to help me, first by looking up the info for me and then to deal with the company and their questions and their need for him to submit more to them on my behalf. Please think about being like him if you are ever faced with someone trying to sort out an issue.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #2

If you can't get satisfaction from them see if you can get a copy of the other persons invoice. Then see a lawyer for advice. Perhaps go to small claims court seeking damages.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:47 PM   #3

I would start answering the calls and give people the correct phone number to call. Then I would tell them that I quit working for them because their products are terrible. I'm guessing your name will disappear from the invoices.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:05 PM   #4

Triple E Owners Club
So having said all that.
I’m having a hard time finding a part for my EMS.
Should I call you direct or text you?
Cheers
Dave
Kuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:04 PM   #5

Dave,
Any way you want. Though I doubt I will be able to get you help any faster than PI has been able to help me
Old 07-23-2020, 08:20 PM   #6

Triple E Owners Club
[emoji106][emoji1]
Kuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:00 AM   #7

Contact your state atty. generals office-consumer affairs. that should take care of it.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:55 AM   #8

Back in 1988 when I first went into business for myself. I paid for one of those easy to remember numbers (xxx- 4646). All was well for about a year until a local radio station started doing these “first caller” give always. The 3 number prefix was one digit off from mine (227 vs 237) while the “4646” was the same. I’m suddenly getting calls for these giveaways. Amusing at first until it got worse and began filling up my answering machine.
I called ATT and they had no resolution other than me paying to change my number. I called the radio station and they pretty much laughed at me.

My soon to be wife who is much more devious than I suggested that every time someone calls asking if they had won , we would tell them yes and to come right away to the station and pick up their prize. Wasn’t long before I got a call from the radio station telling me they would sue me if I didn’t stop sending people to the station. I laughed at them. It took about 2 or 3 weeks before the calls stopped. The radio station changed their number [emoji846]