Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #15

My propane tank is on the driver's side. But, my DEF tank is on the passenger side, which is the wrong side for filling at the truck pumps.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Flying J has a booklet by state showing locations and services available. Ask at the counter for one. It's free.
crtrrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:06 AM   #17

I got propane with no issues yesterday at the Quincy, Fl. Flying J. The propane tank is set up for either side that the tanks are on the motorhome.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:24 AM   #18

My experience with LP at Flying J is a iffy thing. LP tank is on drivers side. Many FJ's have filling on passenger side. Others have the tanks but not working. I no longer make plans to buy LP at a FJ.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have found that when driving the roads we usually drive on (non interstate) that out in farming country there are often large propane service centers for the farmers. If we are anywhere near 1/2 tank we stop in and fill there and the price is always less. Meeting some very nice people is a bonus.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:11 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
As previously stated, most Flying J locations have propane but be aware of the pricing.

I filled up on propane last week about 60 miles south of Atlanta at a small local bulk propane dealer. I called ahead and found they were $2.32 per gal compared to a nearby Flying J priced at $3.50 per gal.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
It seems that the person responsible for designing the RV lanes at the Pilot/ FlyingJs is not all that familiar with RVs. Two of the ones that we use have the propane on the drivers side.
dabrooks
Methinks the RV designer who put the "propane fill port" on the passenger side is at fault, (not the person responsible for designing the RV lanes at the Pilot/ FlyingJs).
On my coach the propane fill port fill is on the drivers side.... which is where the propane pumps are at most Pilot/FlyingJs
Mel
'96 Safari, (35 gallon LP tank)
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #22

My propane fill is on curb side.

Where is yours ?
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:46 AM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
My propane fill is on curb side.

Where is yours ?
Curb side also.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Curb side as well.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #25

Propane at Flying J's

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Do they have the facilities to put propane in motorhomes? I have trying to call them, but no one answers the phone.
Most do. Also U-Hauls and most True Values have propane as well. I drive a propane powered vehicle (for my part-time job) and I typically find ma & pa propane companies off the Interstates and they are cheaper...google propane locator, but for the amount of propane needed, may be worth using the pilots, flying j's etc....I pay .99/gallon in Sou IN and typically 2.75-3.00 at Flying J's which I refuse to use
swagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #26

My fill is on the drivers side, near the rear. Most FJ's I have seen would have the tank on the passenger side. I have a Campers Inn RV near me with propane and have had no problem filling there, with maneuvering around their parking lot.

Also the last time I got propane at Flying J, they insisted all passengers disembark. This was impossible because we have three that are wheelchair bound and the wheelchairs were stored in a cargo trailer. It would have taken over an hour to complete all that was required. When I protested, I was told it was company policy. When I further protested that I had gotten propane at other Flying J stations, I was given an option of signing a release to allow the passengers to remain in the MH.

Tags
propane