Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2022, 05:09 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Visit the BLM website for all the info you'll ever need about boondocking in our wonderful deserts. Once you've been there, you'll see the signs they put up to control the boundaries. It's obvious usually since other rigs will be there.

I'm hungry to know more about Quartzite and other desert boondocking areas.
Does anyone have the web address for the BLM? I just did a google search which pointed me to www.blm.gov Every link I tried said the page was unavailable.

Did someone forget to pay their internet bill?
Souljourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2022, 05:18 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt350ed View Post
Absolutely UNTRUE! You obviously have not actually spent time in Q.
Which part is untrue? The dirt, dust or high winds?
Mile Marker 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:28 PM   #59
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Over 17 years of visiting Quartzsite, we only had one year, where a small rainstorm and actual tornado hit the area, lasted a few hours and was gone. It was a rare occurrence and actually made the news. Other than that, we've never hit high winds.

It's the desert, no different than a campground with dirt sites. We stay at a campground with gravel sites. Quartzite is actually one of the cleaner places we visit, in terms of getting the RV dirty, particularly tracking dirt inside.

Bottom line, if you don't like Quartzsite or desert camping, don't go! Like every year, when there is a cancellation at the campground where we stay, it's gone in minutes.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:35 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Quartzite is actually one of the cleaner places we visit, in terms of getting the RV dirty, particularly tracking dirt inside.
I do get a kick out of the people who park right by one of the dirt roads and then complain about the dust.

Figure out the normal prevailing winds, pick the correct side of the main road, and get as far away from that road as possible. I had a dust problem for the first week, the first year I came. Figured out pretty quickly where not to park.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:37 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljourner View Post
I'm hungry to know more about Quartzite and other desert boondocking areas.
Does anyone have the web address for the BLM?
I gave you a Quartzsite BLM link in my above post.

This site may also help with other states:

https://www.blm.gov/programs/recreation/camping
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:27 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I gave you a Quartzsite BLM link in my above post.

This site may also help with other states:

https://www.blm.gov/programs/recreation/camping
Thank you! The BLM.gov site must have been down yesterday because none of the links seemed to be working. Works now and just what I was looking for.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:52 AM   #63

well this is bikerdude. I just returned from a week of boondocking at the Q, I had a blast. There were a few days the wind blew a bit, but would calm down by late afternoon. there was a bit of dust. But if you want to met like minded people, this is the place. T camped with a group of HDT. Hopefully next year will even be better
bikerdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:00 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude1 View Post
well this is bikerdude. I just returned from a week of boondocking at the Q, I had a blast. There were a few days the wind blew a bit, but would calm down by late afternoon. there was a bit of dust. But if you want to met like minded people, this is the place. T camped with a group of HDT. Hopefully next year will even be better
Thanks for starting this thread and thanks for the update! I got lots of good information that will help me in my own planning. See you next year!
Old 01-24-2022, 01:31 PM   #65

So where do most of the off road boondockers camp?
Army-guy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:43 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army-guy1 View Post
So where do most of the off road boondockers camp?
No specific place. Off-roading is done everywhere around there. Some come with a specific group and they all stay together.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:59 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Here's information and the most festive and crowded time is during the RV Show. Lots to buy and do in the area. If you belong to a certain club or have a particular RV manufacturer there will most likely be a group around to park with or get information from. We've been for many years and after the first couple years of 'shopping' we then stayed pretty close to home (our RV) which was parked with the Boomers Escapee group. There were usually 100+ rigs parked with their group and we had non-stop activities - seminars, food event, hiking, boating, crafts, siteseeing, nightly campfire with entertainment, etc. We had lots of fun with the group.

I'm parked currently with the Boomers Escapee group, on Plamosa Rd. Been a member since 2000. 181 rigs have signed into this group this year. As for boating, most require water and haven't seen any since I left the Colo River. Q used to be mostly stuff for RV's, but that has changed. Now there are clothes, house goods, Junk shops, my wife told me this will be our last year in Q. There are 2 small grocery stores with limited everything and long lines to check out.

As for the OP's ? about coming, this is not the Q it was in prior years.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:26 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
As for the OP's ? about coming, this is not the Q it was in prior years.
Today will be someone else's Good Old Days.

Things change, always. I still love Q, and, given how incredibly busy it all is for these three weeks, others must agree. But it will be nicer in about two weeks, when the show closes up.

(But, dang, people, when you get in the dump-station line in the LTV and there are 15 rigs behind you, know where your hoses and gloves are before you get there. )

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:12 PM   #69

A lot of rigs are parked in the posted "Day Use Only" area. Been here 10 days and have not seen a BLM official yet.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:18 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
As for boating, most require water and haven't seen any since I left the Colo River. Q used to be mostly stuff for RV's, but that has changed.
Yes, you may have to drive to the river 20-40 miles (not far and many make the drive just to a bigger grocery store or siteseeing around the area) but when we attended the Boomerang there would always be a planned group outing for those to take their kayaks and canoes. If you want to do it, it's possible.