Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2021, 07:06 AM   #15

We winter in Yuma. You would be totally safe here. Way better than Chicago or Philly. Probably safer than in Phoenix or San Diego for that matter. The bad illegals have deliveries to make elsewhere and the rest just want all the free stuff being offered. The local charities and medical system are at their breaking point. Just not enough resources. Quartzsite is a long walk from Yuma and I doubt you would see any illegals there. Just use the good situational awareness you should use anywhere. Both the local LEOs and the BP are working diligently to apprehend the bad guys and treat the rest with whatever the rules du jour are. The goal posts keep changing for them and they are very frustrated. The worst problem as I see it is the BP checkpoints are all closed due to manning shortages. Those routinely interdicted drug shipments as well as illegals. Estimates are that enough fentanyl alone has crossed the border this year to kill the entire US population. It's not a Yuma problem, it's a national problem.
MtCamper is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2021, 07:08 AM   #16

Happy Christmas Shopping

Well, not in Yuma but here in California attempting to buy gifts for family….while not getting shot or looted by the flash mobs of documented Americans….carry on
Zapp is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 07:14 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have been in Yuma for over a month and have not seen any problem with immigrants crossing the border. The local news has not reported any incidents either. Come on down.
hydro45640 is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 07:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro45640 View Post
We have been in Yuma for over a month and have not seen any problem with immigrants crossing the border. The local news has not reported any incidents either. Come on down.
Thanks! Good to have reports of first hand experience. Hard to figure a migrant passing through would have any interest in swiping a patio rug or string of awning lights. Our home grown meth heads here in TN? Yeah, they'll take anything.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 07:31 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtCamper View Post
We winter in Yuma. You would be totally safe here. Way better than Chicago or Philly. Probably safer than in Phoenix or San Diego for that matter. The bad illegals have deliveries to make elsewhere and the rest just want all the free stuff being offered. The local charities and medical system are at their breaking point. Just not enough resources. Quartzsite is a long walk from Yuma and I doubt you would see any illegals there. Just use the good situational awareness you should use anywhere. Both the local LEOs and the BP are working diligently to apprehend the bad guys and treat the rest with whatever the rules du jour are. The goal posts keep changing for them and they are very frustrated. The worst problem as I see it is the BP checkpoints are all closed due to manning shortages. Those routinely interdicted drug shipments as well as illegals. Estimates are that enough fentanyl alone has crossed the border this year to kill the entire US population. It's not a Yuma problem, it's a national problem.
Thanks and well said!
Old 12-12-2021, 07:41 AM   #20

I have been in Brenda, AZ. 11 miles east of Quartzsite since Nov 5. I have been to Blythe, Ca., Lake Havasu and Quartzsite, but not down to Yuma yet. I have not seen a problem or had an issue, and I have been out in the desert on the Rzr several times. We are in an upscale resort park so that might be a plus.
Bill Nourse is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 10:11 AM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Been in Yuma since turkey day and have yet to see a problem. Most do not want to stick around for long. They want to disappear into the US interior
Old 12-12-2021, 11:17 AM   #22

There's also this sort of thing to take into account, unfortunately. As has already been stated, it's more of a national news network issue than local.

GypsyR is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 01:37 PM   #23

The numbers being thrown out don't take into account repeat encounters among other things. Years ago they weren't detained or caught so the numbers aren't really known. Look at the previous years graph in the 2nd link. These recent reports are all political.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/23/10485...t-of-the-story

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...r-in-7-charts/

Bottom line.... going to Quartzsite/Yuma is safe. Thousands and thousands of people live in the Yuma area. Thousands and thousands of RVers will be there this winter... guaranteed. Same goes for Texas. The RVers will be there.
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 01:54 PM   #24

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I think if a bunch of illegal aliens were to flood into Quartszite, they might find about 200,000 people who disagree with their travel/vacation practices.

The last place you want to commit a crime is in the desert where you may not be found for years!
LMAO
Attached Images

Edd505 is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 02:27 PM   #25

Thanks, all. The local view is what I wanted, and got. On my way.

To be clear, I have no fear of migrants. I was raised in a majority-Mexican community, I've employed quite a few young men who live packed together and send all their extra money home to mom and dad, plus family members who brought their kids through a stressful trip to get here. How can I not admire such people who are willing to go through all of that to improve their families' lives?

But I do know that if I were in that border-crossing situation, relatively broke and with hungry and scared kids, I might have a looser conception of property law than the one I am able to afford to have right now, and if I'm going to park next to the underground railroad, I'd rather go into it informed and ready.

Yeah, there are some bad guys among the travelers, but we have about the same proportion up here. "Too many immigrants" has consequences for our labor market, but the people coming up themselves individually are mostly good people.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 02:35 PM   #26

I thought there was a wall built along the whole Mexico border that was paid for. WTH happened?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 02:45 PM   #27

Come on down. I'll take you into the Barry Goldwater Bomb Range where there are miles of unfinished wall with materials all stockpiled there. You'll need to ask someone who knows why it was never finished.
MtCamper is offline   Reply
Old 12-12-2021, 03:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I thought there was a wall built along the whole Mexico border that was paid for. WTH happened?
Of course, he says with LOL, the wall builders are on break taking it easy and sipping margaritas. Just hang in there. It will be built. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in one decade either.
Country Road is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
quartzsite