Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2020, 04:21 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Question about safe traveling......

My wife and I are planning a long trip from Texas up through Niagara Falls leaving mid July through August. Is there any place on the internet where we can get current riot reports? I do not want us to get in troubling situations.

Thank You!!
cmlintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2020, 04:25 PM   #2

Right. Really??
Old 06-18-2020, 04:45 PM   #3

Common sense?
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:46 PM   #4

Do they schedule them ?
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:52 PM   #5

LOL! The Falls are not as spectacular on the New York side; Falls are best appreciated on the Ontario side. You can save yourself the worry since Canadian Border is close to U.S. tourist.
RayJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:02 PM   #6

July/August is a long way off. Just watch the news as to where they are... IF they're still going on. Or Google the places you'll be passing through when it's closer to the date to get an idea. By then we may have yet another catastrophre.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:21 PM   #7

This is a serious question, please give it more than a snarky remark. Plenty of people get caught up in traffic jambs that are caused by protesters and some have had their vehicles and selfs assaulted. This may never happen to you but it has happened.

With that being said, after recently making a trip from Florida to Minnesota and currently in the Black Hills National Forest, common sense and planning is the key to safe travel. We stay away from big cities, expect Atlanta, all roads lead through Atlanta lol. We are not city people to start with so our destinations are premier social distancing locations. Stay abreast of the news in the area you are traveling, listen to the local radio stations. Don't be that guy, who gets out and starts screaming at people, want to see angry people get angrier, scream at them and see what happens.

Most of all have a safe trip and enjoy the journey.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #8

Safe traveling

I live in Niagara Falls,NY.Right now the USA/Canadian border is closed to all but essential traffic. I see long lines of semi drivers crossing the border. In the next two weeks the Maid of the Mist ride on the US side will open up with the use of masks and social distancing.Not sure all the tourist places are open. If Canadian border were to open up you would need an enhanced drivers licence or a passport to cross the border. Check with the Niagara Falls convention and tourist bureau for what is open. I will send you my email and phone # in a private message. A good place to camp is Four Mile creek state park in Youngstown,NY. This is a twenty minute drive back to the actual Niagara Falls(water). Best of luck with your travels.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:47 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Get a couple of BLM bumper stickers if you are worried I just passed through Virginia, W Virginia, Indiana, Wisconson, Minnesota, and now N Dakota. I had no problems with my Trump America First stickers.
Charles L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlintx View Post
My wife and I are planning a long trip from Texas up through Niagara Falls leaving mid July through August. Is there any place on the internet where we can get current riot reports? I do not want us to get in troubling situations.

Thank You!!
The "Wayz" app for your phone - it uses crowd sourcing to show you traffic jams, wrecks, detours, traffic enforcement, etc.

Travel during the morning and early afternoon, most of the really bad stuff seems to happen after tea time. That said, unless more citizens get shot in the next couple of days you're probably in good shape almost anywhere.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:10 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Like it or not, the OP’s concerns are valid. If anyone wishes to stuff their cranium in their colon and think otherwise, have at it. This is not the same country it was six months ago.

And yes, a good many of these protests are scheduled, and you can find out about them by googling the cities you intend to pass through or otherwise be around.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:33 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The protests happen in downtown and heavily populated areas. Use bypasses and country roads to avoid cities. We have not been going thru cities for many years now, just use somewhat longer US and state hwy’s around cities, amazing what you can see there.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:41 AM   #13

The border is closed until at least July 21st. You are coming from Texas where the virus is increasing now. I wouldn't think the Canadians will welcome you with open arms. Just something to think about.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:43 AM   #14
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I would not go until the border opens up. You can't get the whole experience without going to the Canadian side IMO.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel