Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2023, 11:13 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCSONRAIL View Post
It should be sent back to the factory for repair. Being built by Thor explains it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFiver View Post
The lawyer's name is Ron Burdge or Burge. I believe Alan Warren (Wingman) has his contact info.
Ron Burdge 888-331-6422

https://www.rvtravel.com/author/ron/

https://rvlemonlaw.com

https://burdgelaw.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVroadblock View Post
Thor floors have been made of chipboard, which swells when wet and must be removed. If you can get a refund/lemon law on this POS do it ASAP.
I suspect that Thor is fighting you on taking it back because they know that it is unrepairable.

The only way that I'd accept a "repair" on that unit is if it went back to the factory, was disassembled back to the bare chassis, and was rebuilt with completely new walls and a completely new roof.
If they did take it back for rebuild I would insist that I was there to watch the rebuild being done.

And if they did do a proper rebuild for you then they'd set a precedent that future legal cases could point at...

And if it was built as slipshod as that roof looks like... what other problems are hidden? Was any glue used on the plumbing? How is the electrical? Did they use lock washers under the connection nuts? Were they split or star washers (star should be used in a vibration environment). Were the nuts under-tightened or over-tightened? Were the crimp lugs and butt splices done by hand (i.e. not hard enough by tired hands at the end of the day) or by compressed air crimpers (perfect pressure every time). I really doubt that Thor uses compressed air crimpers on the production line.

Mike
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2023, 01:06 PM   #30

What a nightmare...sad thing is that even if they take it back they will likely do a halfshod fix and then pawn it off on the next schlub
Old 04-24-2023, 11:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmar nut View Post
That does not look brand new...unless you bought it new 15 years ago. Did you look at roof before you purchased?

Unfortunately no I did not see the roof when I put the deposit down. It was at an RV show and the dealer had the rv’s nearly touching back to front. I could not access the ladder to look. The rest of the motorhome looked alright and since it was new I would have never expected it to look like this. I also paid for a pdi from dealer,, so thought something wrong would have been noted. At delivery the dealer had me go straight into the walkthrough once I arrived and I never had the opportunity then either. Obviously now it seems like dealer knew and was hiding it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	954C949B-1849-430C-924F-4B7715824CAA.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	391233   Click image for larger version

Name:	40D832D0-B5C4-48A9-90C3-A501136E395C.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	391234  

hurucan580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:26 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMike View Post
Ron Burdge 888-331-6422

https://www.rvtravel.com/author/ron/

https://rvlemonlaw.com

https://burdgelaw.com

I suspect that Thor is fighting you on taking it back because they know that it is unrepairable.

The only way that I'd accept a "repair" on that unit is if it went back to the factory, was disassembled back to the bare chassis, and was rebuilt with completely new walls and a completely new roof.
If they did take it back for rebuild I would insist that I was there to watch the rebuild being done.

And if they did do a proper rebuild for you then they'd set a precedent that future legal cases could point at...

And if it was built as slipshod as that roof looks like... what other problems are hidden? Was any glue used on the plumbing? How is the electrical? Did they use lock washers under the connection nuts? Were they split or star washers (star should be used in a vibration environment). Were the nuts under-tightened or over-tightened? Were the crimp lugs and butt splices done by hand (i.e. not hard enough by tired hands at the end of the day) or by compressed air crimpers (perfect pressure every time). I really doubt that Thor uses compressed air crimpers on the production line.

Mike

Yeah I would be worried what else was wrong. The entire roof and all edges are in very poor condition. Every corner looks like it’s lifting. I would be willing to bet there is water intrusion in many other areas.

Even if wall was rebuilt then what other problems will occur. It’s a mess. So frustrating and disappointing.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:57 AM   #33
US1

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Get a hold of the guy on YouTube called the "Wingman Wisdom".

He has a lawyer friend with many videos of situations like yours. He specializes in RV lemon law stuff. He also has brutal truths about RV's....things you may not want to hear in your case.

Best wishes for a good outcome!
Not sure this situation actually falls under the Lemon Law criteria, (?????) as shody as this RV build appears.

I feel for the OP here. This new RV has the makings of being a constant nightmare. I’d do everything possible to result in a buy back and nothing less. Good luck
Old 04-26-2023, 02:53 AM   #34
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1
Not sure this situation actually falls under the Lemon Law criteria, (?????) as shody as this RV build appears.
There are state "lemon laws" and there are federal warranty laws. Many successful defective RV cases are pursued under federal law, not state law. That's yet another reason why it's critical to hire an attorney with the correct experience, and that's rarely someone local.

The OP must read and follow the warranty policy from Thor. Those almost always specify who and how the owner must notify if they have unresolved warranty issues. And that's not usually the dealer if the dealer has failed; it's a specific party and address of the manufacturer.

Legal actions often fail if the aggrieved party did not try to resolve a problem in accordance with the established process and tries to go directly to court. It's just a necessary hoop to jump through. You almost always have to show you made a good faith attempt to resolve the problem and it was the other party that failed.

Don't blow any deadlines in the warranty policy that you agreed to follow at the time of purchase.

Ray
Old 04-26-2023, 12:16 PM   #35

I don't know what the legal ramifications are as far as pursuing warranty coverage, but to me something like this is nothing like a typical "nag". It's not a door that isn't closing correctly, or something like that, it's a very poorly sealed roof that could have caused damage all over the motorhome, and you just haven't seen it yet. A replacement seems in order to me.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 11:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
I don't know what the legal ramifications are as far as pursuing warranty coverage, but to me something like this is nothing like a typical "nag". It's not a door that isn't closing correctly, or something like that, it's a very poorly sealed roof that could have caused damage all over the motorhome, and you just haven't seen it yet. A replacement seems in order to me.
Yes exactly. This isn’t necessarily a manufacturing thing. I am sure the quality of the materials and/or installs was poor, but this could have been avoided if the dealer would have properly maintained while it was in their possession for the past year or however long. The dealer has the responsibility to maintain the unit, just like the customer.

Even if the dealer failed to maintain during the time it was in their possession, they should have noted or have seen this at PDI. It was easily noticed all over the roof. The dealer takes pride in showing their “top 50” award, their award winning service facility, and the fact they have been in business for years. All selling and servicing motorhomes upwards of $1.6m. A dealer such as this should have noticed the poor seals. I did pay for their service of the the pdi and expected something this bad to been noticed.

I believe they knew prior to delivering the unit. Wether they realized it at pdi or before, not sure but it was very obvious and I believe they knew if they tried to recaulk at that point would clearly put the liability on their behalf, like they covered it up. So they left and and thought they could “act” like they never knew. That way it took them out of liability, and put it as a warranty claim on the manufacturer. The sad part is I believe Thor is clearly taking their side, even though they know the dealer could have prevented this. Since the dealer sells more Thor products than anything, of course they are gonna stand behind the dealer over the customer.

I haven’t shared all the text messages or emails between myself and the dealer. I notified the dealer about the leak less than 2 days after possession. I notified the dealer less than 3 days that I would have to return it since the damage was worse than expected and I wanted a refund or exchange for a new unit.

This ordeal, is slightly different than the normal lemon law. I didn’t use it and then have problems with it. I have never used this unit. I had it very little time in my possession and it was damaged prior to me purchasing it. This damaged is in the pictures and acknowledged by Thor and Beaver. It was clearly neglected. It was clear the dealer failed the paid pdi. I notified and brought the rv back within a reasonable time after noticing the leak.

I have attached a couple texts with my salesman Travis who is one of the owners sons. I have a lot more texts and emails.

Emails attached are with the assistant service manager about bringing the rv back..

The dealer has lately been saying they didn’t know I was bringing the rv back and dropped it off without knowledge. Which is clearly false.

The dealer also has been silent on the pdi when I have questioned it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FBF87230-5A07-4007-878E-6043B501B51A.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	391390   Click image for larger version

Name:	64D16ECA-4826-4D53-8053-78354B98831F.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	391391  

Name:	CCC92A1E-8B71-4CF5-97C9-9159C9B5AF9D.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	391392   Click image for larger version

Name:	2D0F230E-2CE0-4C7B-BCF0-75AF2872C67C.jpg
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	391393  

Name:	5E536DAF-C23A-4582-A9F9-3D5212F54B50.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	391394   Click image for larger version

Name:	7FCE5EFF-F11E-48E5-A7C3-373908C529A5.jpg
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	391395  

Name:	A20BBC62-830D-4138-8CA0-CD08CAE21A50.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	391396  
Old 04-27-2023, 10:32 AM   #37

you had better contact a lawyer instead of spreading all your laundry here! contact the lawyer talked about here he seemed well verst on problems like yours. GET INFORMATION FROM HIM NOT THE KEYBOARD ATTORNEYS HERE! OR THE SHARKS AT THE DEALERSHIP! your going to end up with an expensive motorhome that could possibly be worth pennies. if it starts delaming in more places you won't be able to give it away. SORRY, to sound harsh but you really need professional advise and now! i've been in this predicament before and a letter or phone call from a well known rv attorney can really wake them up.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 10:43 AM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Yes, this^^^^
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 01:02 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D. View Post
you had better contact a lawyer instead of spreading all your laundry here! contact the lawyer talked about here he seemed well verst on problems like yours. GET INFORMATION FROM HIM NOT THE KEYBOARD ATTORNEYS HERE! OR THE SHARKS AT THE DEALERSHIP! your going to end up with an expensive motorhome that could possibly be worth pennies. if it starts delaming in more places you won't be able to give it away. SORRY, to sound harsh but you really need professional advise and now! i've been in this predicament before and a letter or phone call from a well known rv attorney can really wake them up.
Jay D.

Thanks, yes I actually do have an attorney working on it.

I think it’s good to make others aware. It’s a crappy situation and hoping others can take notice and be aware of what can happen. Trying to be upfront with everything so everyone can see.

The dealer and Thor really are choosing their own destinies with this. All my info is all legit and verifiable. I have nothing to hide.
Old 04-27-2023, 02:25 PM   #40

If I read through the text messages correctly, they are offering to get you into an Entegra coach and take back the Palazzo. If that’s the case, I’d seriously consider doing that. I understand it will probably cost you more, but I think you will be much happier with the Entegra over the Palazzo in the long run.

Although Thor Industries owns Entegra, they operate independently of Thor and make a better product. They also have a two year warranty.

Best of luck.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 02:46 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurucan580 View Post
Thanks, yes I actually do have an attorney working on it.

I think it’s good to make others aware. It’s a crappy situation and hoping others can take notice and be aware of what can happen. Trying to be upfront with everything so everyone can see.

The dealer and Thor really are choosing their own destinies with this. All my info is all legit and verifiable. I have nothing to hide.
I HOPE your attorney is well verst in rv litigation like you have. you dealing with a dealer and a manufactor they have slippery hi dollar attorneys at there disposal. and it should be known that THEY DON'T want it back, they know it will be hard to get rid of. it will take someone with some experiance. not your local divorce attorney!
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 02:59 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmar2856 View Post
If I read through the text messages correctly, they are offering to get you into an Entegra coach and take back the Palazzo. If that’s the case, I’d seriously consider doing that. I understand it will probably cost you more, but I think you will be much happier with the Entegra over the Palazzo in the long run.

Although Thor Industries owns Entegra, they operate independently of Thor and make a better product. They also have a two year warranty.

Best of luck.

Thanks I appreciate it the response. When I dropped it back off the dealer and them seeing the damage, the sales manager verbally mentioned getting me into another unit, but it might be one slightly higher priced and I’d have to make that difference up. They’d sell it no profit on their end. I said that’s great, understandable, and I would take that offer… He said Thor needed to look at the unit first and we’d have to follow their steps. I said ok and waited patiently during this last month with hopes it would work that way. Instead Thors offer was ridiculous and the dealers tone and position has changed. They have not made any other offers to back that up since.

The texts don’t show that unfortunately. That was me requesting an exchange or compete refund if not. At this point I would consider other models and brands if that is what the dealer would do to make this right. I’d rather settle for a different model than be forced into accepting damaged rv. I will keep that in mind about the entegra. That’s for that suggestion

Tags
vacuum, water