Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2021, 03:42 PM   #71

I didn't read every suggestion. It will take a lot of time to recover any buildings built . You could build one for yours and a handful of others. A small farm near me has 50 or more trailers at about 25 to 45 per mo outside parking for mostly TT or 5th mostly buck a foot a little more for 5th or short trailer per foot. 50 ◊ 40 = $2000 mo. Nothing to sneeze at. It's rural area others do same ,not right outside some huge city that could draw a lot more cash.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #72

Storage

About 15 years ago I got an initial spot in a new private campground. They provided a pedestal, water, city sewer. Power is monthly, marked up a little to cover some of the maintenance. They gravel the road, but you ďimproveĒ your own lot. Today I have a 24x40 shelter with shade cloth sides covering my Monaco coach. I spent $6000 on the shelter, $1000 on broken asphalt and gravel. If you pay annually itís $1000 or $120 monthly. Iím in the Blue Ridge Mountains, living at the beach 250 miles away. Several live in the campground and provide maintenance and services, perfectly safe, never an issue. As my neighbors sign says, protection by Smith and Wesson. Wonderful place to visit when the beach is too hot or full of people.
SurfsideGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:37 AM   #73

I'm east coast in Northern New Jersey, Tri-state adjacent. I've got a new RV inbound and need a place to park the RV, a class C.

So far, very few spots, and generally just a spot in a gravel or paved parking spot. I want so much more.

Anybody have a place to recommend out here?
jjarrell50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 06:27 PM   #74

Security is important and depends on who you rent to.
We used a storage facility that also allowed contractors to store equipment/trailers. Contractors gave gate codes to employees and theft became a problem. This in spite of fencing, security cameras, and a manager living on site. When a new RV storage opened 1/2 of old storage lot moved to them right away. New place markets that no contractors can store equipment there, only RV storage.
If you are going to allow contractors trailers/equipment to be stored I highly recommend that area be fenced off from the RV storage.
RV owners do not want to have to remove batteries (many have solar), propane tanks, etc. One broken-in unit will be seen by many and talked about, it can ruin your reputation as hapened at our old storage unit.
Billiam59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:38 AM   #75

We store our 27' coach indoors, in an unheated building with 15A power. Paying around $160/month. Our facility also has outdoor storage and basic service capabilities.

My list of must and nice to have features:

- Good security
- 24 hr keycard access (bonus for remote fobs)
- 15A power available (for extra fee, of course)
- Contracted rodent control on grounds and buildings
- Gravel or paved - no dirt!
- Basic service (winterizing, genny oil changes, small-med repairs)
- No restrictions on working on your coach (within reason)
- Good responsiveness to customer inquiries and issues
- Dump and potable water fill would be HUGE bonuses

Tags
hose, storage