Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarends View Post
Get a cat[emoji16]
Our cats would take one look and say
Foods over there
Chevelle427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2017, 05:24 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
GOT HIM!!!

Well here's what I tried. Large regular mouse/rat trap with peanut butter. 4 of them. Nothing. Had some glue sticky pads, caught him but only left his hair behind. Bought an electric electrocution trap, used peanut butter. Nothing. Bought some super sticky glue pads from Amazon. Only left more hair, going bald by now. Tried all of the above with bacon grease.....nothing. Ordered an ultrasonic repeller, not here yet. Bought some .22 rat shot to use if I got to see him again. Bought more super sticky pads, received them yesterday and lined them up from one side of a lower compartment to the other side. Made two rows of pads. Went out this morning a I had him. He was stuck on bare skin where he had previously pulled his hair out!

Moral.....hope for bald rats.

Don't know what this guy liked to eat but sure wasn't peanut butter or bacon. Learned something else interesting. My rat detector was a roll of paper towels I left in a lower compartment. Not only were there nibble bits chewed out but he would knock the roll over and unroll about six sheets. He did this at least six times in different compartments. Guess I had an escaped circus mouse.

Thanks to all for their your suggestions.
K3ryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:49 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Good deal... I was about to suggest NOT using the sticky sheets as my Bro-in-law did...
His stuck friend was able to drag himself into an inaccessible area and DIE !!!

His next Amazon search was for cadaver bags to get the smell out
I still chuckle about all the crowing he did when he beat us to the water front site where his lil hitchhiker joined him
Old 09-20-2017, 01:07 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3ryl View Post
GOT HIM!!!

Well here's what I tried. Large regular mouse/rat trap with peanut butter. 4 of them. Nothing. Had some glue sticky pads, caught him but only left his hair behind. Bought an electric electrocution trap, used peanut butter. Nothing. Bought some super sticky glue pads from Amazon. Only left more hair, going bald by now. Tried all of the above with bacon grease.....nothing. Ordered an ultrasonic repeller, not here yet. Bought some .22 rat shot to use if I got to see him again. Bought more super sticky pads, received them yesterday and lined them up from one side of a lower compartment to the other side. Made two rows of pads. Went out this morning a I had him. He was stuck on bare skin where he had previously pulled his hair out!

Don't know what this guy liked to eat but sure wasn't peanut butter or bacon. Learned something else interesting. My rat detector was a roll of paper towels I left in a lower compartment. Not only were there nibble bits chewed out but he would knock the roll over and unroll about six sheets. He did this at least six times in different compartments. Guess I had an escaped circus mouse.

Oh I keep wondering - and checking back to see how things are going. Thanks for the update.

I chuckled all the way thru, thanks for sharing your humor as well as helpful tidbits.

Way to go! - pun intended, what can I say low blood sugar as being late for lunch playing on here. [emoji6][emoji849]
Old 09-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #19

I too keep a roll of blue paper shop towels in the basement and that's ALLWAYS my first indication of mice. They love to tear chunks of it for nesting.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3ryl View Post
GOT HIM!!!

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:39 AM   #21

FWIW a piece of tootsie roll on a spring mouse or rat trap is the most effective lure I've ever used and I've caught dozen of the critters with this method
Philswrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:08 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Thanks, will try tootsie rolls next time.......hopefully that means never!
K3ryl is offline   Reply With Quote