RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Dukeinhaler's Avatar
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 91
Rear Stone Guard

I need to replace the rubber on the rear stone guard on my 2006 Revolution. Does anybody know of a vendor ? It looks like very heavy rubber reinforced with imbedded cords. Thanks
Dukeinhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90
MSHappyCampers's Avatar

Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 43,816
Any company that makes rubber belting for industry can provide it. Shouldn't be hard to find, we have two here in our town.

You might want to check out the price though. I was going that route until I found out I could buy the UltraGuard solid rubber guard from Camping World for less that I could make one!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
Senior Member
Steve N Sal's Avatar
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,672
You might try duraflap.com. They may be able to help you out
Steve & Sally / Hudson Our Little Pom / Heidi, Houston & HiTee Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Michigan (Winter For Now)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
National RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spokane Valley WA
Posts: 323
You might check a truck stop. They may not stock what you want, but may have vendor information.

ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
Senior Member
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Le Claire, Iowa
Posts: 331
Look at the UltraGuard poducts at many RV retailers. They come in 94" width by either 16" or 20" lengths. You might be able to fit it to your hangers or just use theirs. Chrome should be able to transfer over from your old one. The rubber guard runs about $70.00 by its self.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
Senior Member
Ray,IN's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 21,230
Duraflap is an irv2.com vendor. Don't know if they give us a special price break.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
Senior Member
jackfish's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rural Independence, OR
Posts: 951
UltraGuard with UltraPlate for under $200 or $500 or more for a DuraFlap. Hmmmm....
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Posts: 728
Look up Industrial distributors, Rubber, Gaskets etc. Often refered to as rubber houses. They carry neoprene with mesh screen or just cloth inserted into the rubber. They usually call it Rubber sheet. Most of the rubber is available in different widths. 18 inch, 24 inch and even 48 inch. And it comes in different thickness. From 1/8 inch to 1/2 inch (to thick). I made several stone guards from 1/4 inch with the metal mesh insert and have Never worn one out. Ask the supply house if they got something left over. Do not buy the RED Rubber material as it will NOT last. Safe Travels ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.