Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2023, 02:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeby5 View Post
We have a 26ft TT and looking for a small portable gas grill for 2 people. We have a Blackstone and my wife hates it. Just wants a regular grill. Sooo...what do you guys think? Is the Weber 1200 worth the money? What about the cheaper Pit Boss SS 75275? Any other recommends?

Thanks guys

Why hate a blackstone what else can you cook bacon and eggs on and then cook burgers or steak.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2023, 02:52 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Why hate a blackstone what else can you cook bacon and eggs on and then cook burgers or steak.
It seems like it just a big frying pan.
If you like pan fried burgers & steaks OK but I'd rather have mine grilled.
Same for pork chops, ribs, chicken
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:03 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
FWIW, The Pit Boss 75275 is the model I threw away after about a year of rv only use and umpteen repairs. How it gets high ratings is beyond comprehension. I rated it a one on Amazon but my review is no longer there. Anyone considering that grill should take a hard look at something different. Like the Nexgrill two burner one Costco sells…

We use the Weber Q1200 at home, along with a Traeger pellet smoker/grill. Love them both for just the two of us.
We purchased the Blackstone Tailgater two years ago for the coach.
Bulky, but fits nicely in the back of the Wrangler. It checks all the boxes for us. BBQ, griddle and crab pot boiler all in one. If your short on basement space I wouldn’t recommend it though.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:16 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
We use the Weber Q almost daily. Love it.
We have the Weber too. It’s the larger of the units, maybe the Q2000? Funny enough, I would like a small Backstone. I have a buddy with one and we cooked bacon and burgers on it in no time. But, I do like to char hotdogs and steaks, so the Q Weber is staying on board. Gotta sacrifice somewhere. Can’t take everything with us but we try.

Happy cooking!
MoHoTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:26 PM   #33

Weber makes a their Go Anywhere Grill in both charcoal and propane. We've owned both with great success. There are cheaper copies around, but I can't fault the Weber quality.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:40 AM   #34

Costco carries a nice table top model similar to other brands mentioned but at a much lower price. I have not seen it on display yet this year, but am sure it will be back again.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:53 AM   #35

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Our problem is keeping it clean. My wife is VERY picky about crud in her food and during our camping summer last year, I cooked on the BS for four months and I swear it seems the damn thing never would stop bleeding black on our food. After a meal, I would need a 55 gal drum of rags to get it clean where a wipe didn't look like Al Jolson. Yes...I seasoned it and wiped clean every time but I guess I am not doing something right but I have given up and am going back to a grill with an electric griddle inside the camper for eggs, fried onions or whatever.
Hmmmm, not trying to sway you but we do everything now on the BS.

I have found that cleaning it while still hot during cool down with a damp rag is a quick 30-second process, a light spray with canola oil (Very light) while still warm after the wipe keeps it ready and stick free for the next cook.

I understand the need to keep your other half happy and I'm sure you will be very happy with the Weber Q.

Happy trails!
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 06:08 AM   #36

We did as Triangle Drifter and took our Magna Gas Kettle grill from our boat. It works perfectly for the two of us..
Old 03-06-2023, 10:58 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Have been using my Weber Q bought in 2009 for almost 14 years - this tells you something- I have two one for home and the small Q for the motor home
I looked at the Webber Qs, but they looked a little too flimsy and awkward to store. The older BBQs I had were either not hot enough, or too cheaply built. This new one by Napoleon is sturdy, will last and fits nicely into my storage bin. It's also nice and hot when I need it to be. The only thing it doesn't have it a temp gauge, but thats easy to add on later.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 12:09 PM   #38

Recommend me a small gas grill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned Tourist View Post

I looked at the Webber Qs, but they looked a little too flimsy and awkward to store. The older BBQs I had were either not hot enough, or too cheaply built. This new one by Napoleon is sturdy, will last and fits nicely into my storage bin. It's also nice and hot when I need it to be. The only thing it doesn't have it a temp gauge, but thats easy to add on later.

There is nothing flimsy at all about a Q grill. Quite the opposite. It’s cast aluminum clam-shell with cast iron grates. Has a nifty slide out stainless steel catch tray under it that holds replaceable aluminum baking pans. It’s a very well thought-out design.

I have the little Q 1200 table top model with optional temp gauge for the rv that stores and rides quite well in the basement pass through, and plan to replace my Char Broil home grill with the larger Webber Q that has it’s own stand.
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 02:25 PM   #39

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
Hmmmm, not trying to sway you but we do everything now on the BS.

I have found that cleaning it while still hot during cool down with a damp rag is a quick 30-second process, a light spray with canola oil (Very light) while still warm after the wipe keeps it ready and stick free for the next cook.

I understand the need to keep your other half happy and I'm sure you will be very happy with the Weber Q.

Happy trails!
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have the BS set up beside my smoker now at home. If I reverse sear a steak or cook some burgers, if I wipe it clean like you mentioned and throw some eggs on thier the next morning, I will have black grit all through them. Now I don't care one bit but the Wifey? No sir
Old 03-06-2023, 02:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
My griddle is a Char Broil and it doesn’t do that. Maybe a difference in metal? IDK. I especially like it for cooking breakfast.
My electric cheapy gridle doesn't do it either. I wash that off and have at it. But that BS just doesn't come clean for me.
Old 03-06-2023, 06:57 PM   #41

Quote:
My electric cheapy gridle doesn't do it either. I wash that off and have at it. But that BS just doesn't come clean for me.
Use heavy duty easy off oven cleaner.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:07 PM   #42

I was slow to learn there is the weber Q and there is: almost, sort just like, and just as good as a Weber. Weber is king of the small portables.
BS 22 is my other go to Grill.
Lantley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas