Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #1

Recommendation: La Mesa RV, Mesa, AZ

We just bought our first RV - long distance - from La Mesa RV in Mesa, AZ. The folks there are super accommodating, and I would recommend them for any type of customer service "Hall of Fame." I know from the forums that others have had a different experience, but I could not be happier.

We saw the RV listed on RV Trader and called the dealer. Tyler returned our phone call and said, "I am standing the RV right now: what would you like to know?" We asked several questions and when we got satisfactory responses, told him we want to fly out to see it. He asked for a $1000 deposit, refundable if we didn't like it. We told him we couldn't get out there for 2 weeks, and he said, "no problem!"

When hubby flew out 2 weeks later to look at it and take it for a test drive, it was pristine and had everything we wanted...except a king bed. They said that since the coach originally had a king bed, they would add one back in for us. When we told them that we couldn't pick it up for 6 weeks they said, "that's fine. whenever it's convenient" We worked with our bank to get financing, and they said, "we can also work on financing on our end so you can compare rates."

When we drove out to pick up the RV, they put us up in a local La Quinta Inn. They showed us the RV being prepped and set up a 9:00 am walk through the next day. We noticed a couple of issues during the walk through, which they immediately addressed. They made our purchase a "certified pre-owned"
to give us an additional 2 weeks to find any issues.

The finance department was also outstanding! Because we were from out of state and would have to pay NYS tax, they were willing to work with us so that we didn't get taxed twice. The morning of delivery, hubby had some concerns about the finance company they were using for our loan. Larry, the finance manager said, "I do not want you to have any reservations about your financing. We'll finance through another bank. We want you to leave here feeling good about all aspects of your purchase."

I know that many people are vocal when they have a negative customer service experience. I wanted to share a positive experience, and give praise where praise is due.

PS (they gave us a brand-new custom-made king mattress for the coach...awesome!)
threadbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
We had the same excellent experience from LaMesa in Albuquerque. Good folks! Enjoy your new rig!
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought my Winnebago at La Mesa's San Diego location. Up until recently, I had nothing but praise for them.

Except...

Trying to arrange for a service department appointment so they can look into an entry door recall matter concerning the deadbolt. It is almost "like trying to milk a bull" to get this done. Oh, well.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Interesting thread, our last encounter with La Mesa (Several years ago) was a waste of our time.

Hopefully things have changed for the better.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:01 PM   #5

I did not have a positive experience there last year and bought from another local dealer. Sad part is I am only 5 minutes away from the Mesa store. They were very pushy and a terrible sales person in our situation. In fact the guy was a total tool. Very happy to hear you had a good experience. Happy RV'ing and congratulations!

Please keep us posted on how they handle warranty/service
Old 01-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #6

Follow up: we took the coach in for warranty work. They did a terrific job, fixed what needed fixing, and addressed everything on our list.
threadbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:58 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They called me yesterday and we set up an appointment to check my house door locks for the recall. I got a Saturday morning appointment.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #8

Just recently bought a new 5th wheel from LaMessa RV. The trailer is great. The after the sale experience was the opposite. The biggest problem is that 2 months after they sale they still owe us a small refund of less than $500. Of course you know what they say "The checks in the mail!".

If anyone wants to know more about our experiences with La Messa (yes that is not a typo), PM us.
donnandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #9

Here is what happened to us. Within 30 minutes of looking at RVs at La Mesa - Mesa, AZ last year we got the famous, "So what do I need to do to get you into an RV today?". We left. A few months later, found a unit on their website that I was interested in. Called and was told the unit was in CA and if I filled out a credit application they would be happy to have it shipped to the local dealer in AZ. Since I was already pre-approved with my own financing, they were no longer interested. In other words, without a commitment from me on a never seen RV, they were no longer trying to assist. They never thought to have us come look at what they may have in stock that was close to what we were interested. Weird experience.

Went across town and bought our new rig (in stock) with no high pressure tactics from another dealer.