Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2005, 11:28 PM   #1

Hi all.

Question : You've got one week annual leave unallocated and have decided to do a trip to the USA to recce RV's (oh, and throw in a bit of siteseeing as well).

When and where would you take such a trip?

Only proviso is you can't have first two weeks in July or last week/first week October/November. (Already allocated to diving holidays [this year Red Sea and Maldives respectively]).

Camlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2005, 11:28 PM   #2

Hi all.

Question : You've got one week annual leave unallocated and have decided to do a trip to the USA to recce RV's (oh, and throw in a bit of siteseeing as well).

When and where would you take such a trip?

Only proviso is you can't have first two weeks in July or last week/first week October/November. (Already allocated to diving holidays [this year Red Sea and Maldives respectively]).

Camlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:42 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Hawaii - December (beautiful off season), but i suppose doesn't count as part of your Question as it is hard to drive over there

and Cam, i have often thought about taking atvantage of sometimes cheap airfare and flying over to your area, and it is hard for me to take off for more then a week at a time, but i have wondered what with losing a day each way in travel, what can you really see in then the few days you have left?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:24 AM   #4

Cam:

I would say South Florida. Lots to see but more importantly any number of RV dealers and sellers. Later in November would be a great time to visit as the summer heat is gone and kids are back in school. You are also likely to get a major RV show at that time. Be warned that distances are great so one week is quickly gone! You will need to do some planning to get decent recce on RV's!

I envy you your diving expeditions, enjoy!

Bob

2006 32' Sunny Brook
rehcuobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:33 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I'll second Bob's nomination of South Florida. A week is very little in a country this large - you can't even see much of one stae in a week. Fly into Tampa and spend 2-3 days at Lazy Days and perhaps another at other major dealers in the area. Lazy Days has about 1200 Rvs of all types on display at any given time - you can't beat that selection for a recce trip. And plenty to see and do in the region as well, with beaches, restaurants, shopping, sports, etc.

November would be the best time for weather and traffic.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 05:51 AM   #6

A little biased - but I would suggest Colorado. The weather is fantastic in the mountains this time of year and the airport (Denver International) has direct flights to/from the UK. Where else can you find the Great Sand Dunes, 10,000 foot snow covered peaks, great plains, and cozy forest canyons all within 3 hours of the airport!
Coachmen4rFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:19 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I think it depends on what you enjoy doing. Hiking, fishing, seeing historical sights, beaches, etc.