There are threads on iRV2 that discuss how to carry bicycles. Here's a link
to a Google search of iRV2 posts with the terms "bicycle" and "receiver" in them.
I'm in the camp that it's easiest to carry them on the rear of the toad, with a receiver hitch (or, however you carry them now on the CR-V).
- less complication
- easier to get the bikes on and off
- easier access to the rear of coach (important if engine is there)
- doesn't block radiator (if radiator is there)
- no potential reduction in towbar/towing capacity
(actual reduction depends on how you implement, and your coach)
- potential for a shorter combined vehicle length
- you can use your toad to get to the bicycle "trailheads"