Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #1

Remove wall mirror from bathroom

I need to remove a bathroom wall mirror from over the sink in a Coachman Class C. It has 2 silver clips at the top and 2 at the bottom. It will not slide out from the side. Does anyone know if they are glued in place or not? need help.
Cubby-afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2015, 03:39 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They are usually glued and come out in pieces
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:05 PM   #3

The wall-mirror in our commode room was attached with strips of double-sided tape. I used an old hair dryer to heat the mirror enough to soften the glue, then gently pried it off the wall. Then I removed the remaining tape from the wall.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:02 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
They (silver clasps) might be screwed into the wall try either going up or down holding the mirror to slide the mirror out of the clasps. Don't break it 7 years is a long time... LOL
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #5

I do think the silver clips are there to help hold the mirror on the wall, but it will not move either to the left or the right. It fells like, Something is holding it in place. I am hoping that someone has taken one down and can tell me about how they did it.
Cubby-afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:01 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby afm View Post
I do think the silver clips are there to help hold the mirror on the wall, but it will not move either to the left or the right. It fells like, Something is holding it in place. I am hoping that someone has taken one down and can tell me about how they did it.
Cut it off the wall with a length of fishing line.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:14 PM   #7

We had a mirror (not in the bathroom) that was fastened with a frame and double stick tape...maybe three wide strips. Since mine was already broken, I pried the remainder with little additional breakage. Carefully to avoid tearing the wall surface. The fishing line sounds like a good method.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:36 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
Cut it off the wall with a length of fishing line.
jt
Agreed, that's what the shops use.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:37 AM   #9

FWIW, I tried using dental floss to cut the double-sided tape(supposed to be more abrasive). Didn't work, the 1" wide HD tape is too thick and dense. That's when I used DW's old hair dryer and a long putty knife to pry it loose, most tape remained on the wall.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:44 AM   #10
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Use a putty knife and slip it under the top clips. Tap or push the upper clips up. They should rise just above the top edge of the mirror. You can then determine if there is any tape or glue on the mirror by "gently" prying at the top of the mirror.
If it is still stuck to the wall. For safety, criss-cross duct tape on the face before trying any further method of removal.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
A picture of the clips may help. I would see if the top two clips can be pushed up or pivoted up and off the mirror edge. A stiff putty knife would help with this. When trying to remove a mirror in any manner safety is important. If you put a few strips of duct tape on the mirror first thing then if you happen to break the mirror trying to free it from the wall it keeps loose shards of glass from falling and doing damage to you or counter tops or other things. If you can't get the mirror off in any visible way I have broken them on purpose and taken them down in pieces. Tape it up good. Wear good gloves. Protect surrounding surfaces and them whack it with a hammer.
c_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:46 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby afm View Post
Sir/Miss
I was in the Facilities dept.for a company for 28 years 7 bldgs. and countless bathrooms that is how they are installed. Try moving the clips up on the top of the mirror and the bottoms ones down.
Don't believe me. Okay go ask them at a Hardware store. Then come back and tell us who's right.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:53 AM   #13
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Sir/Miss
I was in the Facilities dept.for a company for 28 years 7 bldgs. and countless bathrooms that is how they are installed. Try moving the clips up on the top of the mirror and the bottoms ones down.
Don't believe me. Okay go ask them at a Hardware store. Then come back and tell us who's right.
Tim
Tim,

Hate to break it to you Buddy, but the bottom clips won't slide. They are solid mount to support the mirror. The top ones have slotted holes and are made to slide up to release the mirror for removal. LOL
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:31 PM   #14

There should be an adhesive paper/plastic backing to prevent shattering if it breaks.
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote