Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2020, 06:05 PM   #1

Repairing Lippert electric Motor for hydraulic leveling system

Just posting this to help out anyone experiencing a similar problem.

Last week the LCI leveling system on my Winnebago Vista decided to stop working for me before I headed out camping for the week. The jacks retracted but the electric motor made an awful sound then quit. The display indicated “jacks down” but they were all retracted. The electric motor smelled burnt and would no longer run.

After doing some checking it was obvious that the electric motor was done as it would not spin with power directly applied to it. After spending the week using bottle jacks to stabilize the rv I came home and did my research on how to repair/replace the motor.

After speaking with Lippert they told me I needed to replace the motor assembly to the tune of $909 USD. I did find a replacement part made by Western Motor Service Company in Rockford IL for half the price. I can’t take credit for sourcing out this part as it was already mentioned in a previous IRV2 post. The part number in question is 179327.

Instead of replacing the part I decided to bring it to a local dc motor repair shop. I dropped it off late afternoon and the next morning they called and had repaired it for $150 CAD. A lot less than the Lippert part. I installed it and it runs great.

Long story short, these things can be rebuilt for a fraction of the price than Lippert want to soak you for.

Hope this saves someone big money in the future.
Jlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #2

Yep, I sent mine out to a repair shop in California and with shipping still got it fixed for less than half of Lipperts retail price which at the time was in the $700s for a new motor.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:01 PM   #3

In the future check
Western Motors in Rockford I’ll. USA build motor. $375
winhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, electric, hydraulic, leveling, leveling system, lippert, motor, repair