Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #1

Replacement Keys

I wanted to get some spare keys for my Trimark compartment keys as well as the door and deadbolt keys. After an internet search found a few sites but settled in on RV Supplies & Recreational Vehicle Accessories | RVShop.com. They had actual replacement keys for the compartment locks and blanks for the door and deadbolt. Good pricing and on my order free shipping and they shipped the same day I ordered. Great responsive email support on a couple of questions I had. So if you need keys I can highly recommend them. They carry a whole line of RV parts as well.

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Good to know....THX!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:26 AM   #3

For my lost TriMark keys, I went directly to them!

I have 4 keys to my Bounder, the Freightliner ignition key, which it's been said that you can only get that from Freightliner (please, no discussion on this).

The 3 TriMark keys, one goes to my deadbolt on the entry door, one goes to the 'other' lock on the entry door and to all of the lockable bins except for the water/sewer compartment door, and the 3rd key goes only to the water/sewer compartment door. I purchased a replacement key to that at my non-CW RV shop.

The RV shop had the blanks for the other 2 keys but could not cut them. I looked up TriMark and found TriMark Service & Replacement Parts on the web. Called them, spoke with an extremely nice lady, and ordered 3 of each of the precut keys that I needed for $3.00 each (plus a $10 charge for the total being under $100). The keys were mailed to me and I received them in 3-4 business days.

Contact TriMark
HeatAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same problem. When we bought our MH the seller did not have the keys for the storage bays and the entry door. The MH has electric locks with a keypad so we could use those, and we have a deadbolt lock key. I wanted the keys in case the electric locks fail.

I called Monaco thinking that I could give them the VIN number and they would be able to give me a key number. WRONG! They did not record that information. I had a locksmith come out. He looked at the locks and they have a metal bracket riveted to the back so he could not get into it. I called Tri-Mark and they told me the they used random codes on those locks for added security and could not give me a key number. I called Monaco back and got a guy in parts that told me they have "extraction" keys that will let me remove the cylinder, which will have a key number on it! He agreed to lend me the key on my solemn promise that I would return it ASAP after I get the key number. I'm waiting for the key to arrive now!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Joe after going thru all that work to get the number put it somewhere safe in case you ever need another key cut.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
Joe after going thru all that work to get the number put it somewhere safe in case you ever need another key cut.

You can bet on that!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #7

I just bought replacement keys from RVLocksAndMore | RV Locks | RV Keys | Fastec FIC Locks and Keys
Mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I got the loaner "extraction" key from Monaco, removed the lock cylinders, and took them to a local locksmith. He made me new keys to match the cylinders, NOT re-keying the cylinders which would have cost a lot more!

My thanks to Monaco parts for loaning me the key to solve the problem!

Tags
replace, replacement