Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2019, 12:40 AM   #1

Replacement Notice Decals

I've tried some searches and have not found the info that I am looking for.

Hope someone can help point me in the correct direction.

I just purchased a 2015 Class A 30' motor home with only 5000 miles.

It is in great shape - barely used. However, the exterior notice decals are in poor shape - the ones I'm talking about are for the fresh water fill, fresh water hook-up, power connect, etc.

The ones that are on there (what's left of them) are silver (chrome look) with black lettering. I am sure that I can remove the old ones with some heat and goo-off, but I think I'd like to replace with nice fresh ones.

I've looked on Amazon and this forum - no luck - just get a lot of info on the big full coach color decals or fun stickers.

Thanks - Jim
Carnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2019, 06:48 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Call the customer support number for the manufacturer of the coach. They can send them and they might not even charge you.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:40 AM   #3

Or make your own with a Dymo labelmaker...
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
When I had a Winnie I saw them in their parts catalog.

Nick
Old 11-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #5

I used my Brother P touch label maker to add some to my TT. My low point and fresh water drains were not marked on the side of the trailer.

It makes laminated labels that are waterproof. Many different size and color pabel tapes are available. The tapes are like ink cartridges though, almost a expensive as the label itself. You can buy a black on clear tape that looks as thought the letters are printed on the paint.

You'll definitely find a lot of uses for it around the house and RV.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:53 PM   #6
Community Moderator

You could find a small company that makes decals and have some made for you. I have some friends that make vinyl decals on the side and they make these at rallies. If you would like send me a PM and I will get their information for you so you can contact them.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
Call the customer support number for the manufacturer of the coach. They can send them and they might not even charge you.
The labels on my 1985 Fleetwood are weathered to almost nothing - see the photo below of my gas cap door.

Calling their Customer disservice was a waste of time - they claimed that they had nothing I could purchase. I asked what they were using on their current production units and they said that the notices were molded into the covers. Yeah, sure....

About a week later I realized that I could print what I needed with Word and my laser printer, and that Avery had peel-and-stick clear lamination sheets in several sizes, and that I could cut custom sizes with a cutting board/paper trimmer, or even scissors.

Haven't been by an Office Depot-Staples-Max yet to pick up some Avery sheets, but if I can't find anything else I will.

hamm2018 - please post the info, or add me to the PM list.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gas cap door 20181118_161349.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	268206  

Tags
ace, replace, replacement