Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2020, 09:30 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Klompus View Post
Mine's simple and realistic, albeit with a tangible cost:

Outfit all A/C units by default with soft start type controller.
Or give us the option to delete the A/C, and the TV also. Those are two things I do not want, do not need, and cannot use when camping. My TV goes into storage to save space, but the A/C just sits there.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #30

this is for all R/Vs i would like a built in dehumidifier. then for T/Ts a weight scale for gross weight and tongue weight.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHinman View Post
Or give us the option to delete the A/C, and the TV also. Those are two things I do not want, do not need, and cannot use when camping. My TV goes into storage to save space, but the A/C just sits there.
For me it would be to delete the awning. The only reason I extend mine is to take some load off the A/C if the sun is on the same side as the awning. Otherwise it's just unnecessary air resistance and weight (particularly since it seems to carry a lot of water with it).
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:50 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D. View Post
this is for all R/Vs i would like a built in dehumidifier. then for T/Ts a weight scale for gross weight and tongue weight.
Jay D.
That would probably be rather inaccurate for gross weight, but I'm surprised I've never seen a tongue jack that has a scale built in. Maybe setting the WDH up would put too much pressure on such an item????
Old 11-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
That would probably be rather inaccurate for gross weight, but I'm surprised I've never seen a tongue jack that has a scale built in. Maybe setting the WDH up would put too much pressure on such an item????
Curt makes the Better Weigh, for $90 that provides trailer weight, vehicle weight, gross weight, tongue/pin weight, etc.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
Curt makes the Better Weigh, for $90 that provides trailer weight, vehicle weight, gross weight, tongue/pin weight, etc.
Those are of questionable accuracy from what I've read in articles and reviews. Sometimes they are very close and sometimes not. It probably depends on the tow vehicle.

I guess you could buy one then weigh, then keep or return based on the results.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:56 AM   #35

CAT scale is pretty easy to use. $12 to weigh, and I think $2 to re-weigh.

I weighed my new rig on the way home from the dealer, with propane, battery, and a full tank of fresh water. Weighed the truck separately, so I got the total trailer and the tongue weight.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:05 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
Those are of questionable accuracy from what I've read in articles and reviews. Sometimes they are very close and sometimes not. It probably depends on the tow vehicle.

I guess you could buy one then weigh, then keep or return based on the results.
Do we believe it will be any less accurate than a hodgepodge of overpriced, manufacturer installed devices?
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D. View Post
Jay D.
i should rephrase this to say, weight of just the trailer at any time and tongue weight of trailer. way stations are not always easy to come by, although here they are free and open 24-7.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:01 PM   #38

2 or 3 hour video of a knowledgeable factory rep doing a "Walk Through" of a unit explaining what each valve does, where drains are, how battery tray slides out, access air filter for engine, etc etc etc etc etc.

Supply on DVD (or BluRay 4K ) or make downloadable so owner can burn.

Sadly, this information was part of owner manual in 70s and 80s coaches. Then it just started to disappear. Now owner manuals just contain manufacturer phone numbers, number to CoachNet, and some stupid and very generic information like "The water pump is used to pressurize the XXX by using water from the fresh water holding tank located in vehicle". Where is water pump? In the vehicle. Where is storage tank? In the vehicle. How to drain water tank? Turn vehicle upside down.
Krbjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:43 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Build some quality into the RVs.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 06:22 PM   #40

Of course all these "wish lists" cost money that hurts the bottom line.

But, here's mine:
1. Create an actual quality control department, operated separately from the build team. For an example see how a large construction company operates their safety division with the ability to shut down the team when an issue arises. Create grading and incentive programs for build quality. Don't let the coach leave with obvious issues.

2. Along with the previously mentioned wiring diagrams, how about some wiring that's color coded. At the very least with stripes, a huge bundle of white and yellow wires is annoying.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:30 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Take one of each model they make, load it with water and propane ect, and weigh it on each wheel.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #42

You all are forgetting one big item-
They can't build them fast enough right now and quality control slows that process down.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote