Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #15

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchicken View Post
Ya I got 3-4 times a year... I do too... I also love that Sushi restaurant down the street called Kings Sushi if you like Sushi
From the sounds of it will be some doing some "research" soon at Kings Sushi. Thank you for the recommendation greenchicken!
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2017, 11:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
From the sounds of it will be some doing some "research" soon at Kings Sushi. Thank you for the recommendation greenchicken!
Its all u can eat but it's by the order and not sitting out where kids can sneeze on it Its not the best Sushi I ever ate in my life but it's real good. If you got somebody with you who does not like Sushi they can get all you can eat Hibachi anything and all the appetizers they want.

Like 12.99 for Lunch and like 15.99 for Dinner

Lunch does not have the selection of dinner but plenty or raw or cooked to choose from... Here is a pic I took

greenchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Does no one else see the irony in a repo occurring in Pirateland?
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknpeg View Post
Old 06-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknpeg View Post
Well, now that you mention it .......
Old 06-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #20

Im guessing the repo guy didnt take the time to secure everything inside either. So not only does the owner have to pay his bill but now he has everything all over the place inside and things broken all over too.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dave View Post
Im guessing the repo guy didnt take the time to secure everything inside either. So not only does the owner have to pay his bill but now he has everything all over the place inside and things broken all over too.
They knocked out the window to get in, there were 3 dogs inside in crates and they took them too, I volunteered to take the dogs and watch them but they didn't leave them with me... I talked to him when he was cleaning up, he said he got his dogs... That ticked me off when they took the dogs when he had a pen out side
Old 06-05-2017, 04:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchicken View Post
I was staying at Pirateland in Myrtle Beach a few weeks back and the guy in front of me rented a spot for the off season, He went to work that morning and came home to this.

I talked to the repo guy and he said the guy hadn't made a payment in a year and his own mom was to cosigner (repo guys lie so take that with a grain of salt)
They lied to the guard at the gate and told them they were moving it to a different campground.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the clown at the gate a guard. What was he guarding? Certainly not the security of an RV parked at that park. The repo guys told the guard they were moving the RV to another campground. The guard didn't request any identification or paperwork from the RV owner giving someone permission to move his RV?
If I wanted to steal an RV in broad daylight I know now where I would go.
Disgusting.
Lynn
Old 06-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #23

Carolina Campers
Being a repo person can be very dangerous. It can get you killed. Having friends in law enforcement working homicide they have had cases where the repo man was visited after he repossessed a car.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:59 PM   #24

I ran the collections department for a very large captive automobile financing company.

If the gentleman hadn't made a payment in a year, the finance company had actively been trying to find him for the last 8-9 months. And he'd done a very good job of hiding too. Let me just say he would have never avoided my skip tracing skills--especially these days with the internet.

I call someone like him a civil criminal. Unfortunately, intentionally hiding collateral and running from a finance company is not against criminal law. But if he'd do something so low down and dishonest, you can just about bet there are many criminal laws he's violated in the past.

I used to have many close friends that were good and honorable repo men. Most are actually private investigators and they risk their health daily--and are very well paid. You ought to go to a collateral recovery convention and hear their latest stories of what they go through daily.

It's people like this "gentleman" that causes most RV and boat loans to be in the 5% to 6% APR range instead of much lower rates. We all have to pay the price for SOB's like him to avoid paying for his fifth wheel trailer.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post

It's people like this "gentleman" that causes most RV and boat loans to be in the 5% to 6% APR range instead of much lower rates. We all have to pay the price for SOB's like him to avoid paying for his fifth wheel trailer.
Now, do you have any evidence that this is the case, Or are you just yaking.

Another thing. The guard, was talked to by 5 Bens. No doubt. That s how they roll.
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:34 PM   #26

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
We financed, but we've got the cash to pay if off when we're ready. We did it that way to keep from pulling the cash out of the IRA. It would have put us in a much higher tax bracket; I hate paying taxes.
Same here, advisor said it would cost me about $100,000 in taxes to pull the $$ out.

Well, the repo guy did kind of tell the truth when he said it was being moved to another campground!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #27

I got a nice 1994 Newman Kountry Aire class A and it's awesome I own it I love it and glad I don't have to worry about a thing! I just got it this year..lol
DrDizni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:06 PM   #28

Sad when you see that. Possibly drugs alcohol abuse or perhaps cancer or wasting disease. Sorry to see it happen, sad news associated with it.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel