Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2022, 04:54 PM   #1

Reputable Dealers?

We have been looking to trade our fifth wheel in on an American Coach preferably 2019-2021 but haven’t ruled out a new one if we can get the right deal. I’ve looked at RV dealerships EVERYWHERE and for every good review there are 2 bad reviews! I’m so discouraged! It seems like service after the sale is always the complaint. Is there anyone who actually does what they say they’ll do and stand behind their product anymore?
Doodle Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2022, 05:38 PM   #2

You don't need to go to an RV dealership to have work done on an RV. Find one you like at a price you like, don't sign anything until everything you find in the walk thru is fixed.
K Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 03:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Charles View Post
You don't need to go to an RV dealership to have work done on an RV. Find one you like at a price you like, don't sign anything until everything you find in the walk thru is fixed.
I completely agree with this. Finding a reputable dealer is somewhat similar to finding an honest politician. I dealt with a dealer for several reasons. Take those reviews with a grain of salt. The ones to pay attention to (in my opinion) are the “middle of the road” reviews. They’re usually the most accurate and honest because the person that wrote it took the time to write something that was neither stellar nor scathing about them. If you’re mad you want revenge. The scathing ones are normally from those people that are torqued off about something trivial to other people or they’re trying to blame their ignorance on a dealer because they signed the papers before going through it and finding out if it’s what they really wanted or what’s wrong with it. The really superb ones are likely from friends and family of the newest employee at the dealership and some of those people have never set foot in an RV but they want to help this person out because he or she is new to this job. Find a dealership that has the one you want and go talk to them. If they don’t say what you need them to say; find another one somewhere else. As far as getting work done, go to the town where the RV is made and look around for a shop that works on your brand and talk to them. I’m pretty sure in Red Bay Alabama everyone there lives and breathes Tiffin Motorhomes and there are shops all over that town that work on them from painting them to overhauling anything in them. The owners of these shops are usually former employees of Tiffin so they know how to work on them. We own a Tiffin and I’ve called them numerous times and asked where I can get something done on ours and they recommend these shops to me.
Empty nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:48 AM   #4

It sounds like the OP is expecting the dealer to warranty a used RV after it leaves the lot. If you want good service, you are more likely to find it from an independent mobile tech, or a mom & pop service shop.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 05:30 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
NIRVC is what you are looking for. They have no peers.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 07:58 AM   #6

Trade in almost always puts lots way more in dealer's pocket. They get more on both ends. It's a good time to sell 5th and HD truck if you no longer need all the towing capability. Used 3/4 and 1 tons going for stupid expensive right now.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 12:05 PM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
NIRVC is what you are looking for. They have no peers.

USMCRET, thank you so much for the kind comment!

Doodle Mom, (I’m a doodle [emoji190] grandma) Since NIRVC was mentioned here, I’d very much like to give you a further introduction to myself and our company NIRVC! I truly believe we are the dealer you’ve been looking for. Our founder and CEO is a full-time RVer. He loves the lifestyle and wants to take the hassle out of RVing. We do pretty much everything RV related…. sales, service, wash/detail, indoor storage (hence the name), and collision repair/paint and body.

We recently took on the American Coach line of coaches! Beautiful fit and finish, and with the Freightliner chassis and Liberty Bridge they drive like a dream! I recently did a video on the Dream, which I will link below. As far as sales go, we try to make it a pleasant experience. We take in trades, consignments, we offer extended service plans, and financing. We offer a fair sales price since we want you to be able to buy from us again in the future without being buried in the first coach, we sold you. We really want customers for life! We want to take care of all your RVing needs until you decide to leave the lifestyle.

Please feel free to contact me!

Angie

https://youtu.be/yHigkSa0490
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie Morell View Post
USMCRET, thank you so much for the kind comment!

Doodle Mom, (I’m a doodle [emoji190] grandma) Since NIRVC was mentioned here, I’d very much like to give you a further introduction to myself and our company NIRVC! I truly believe we are the dealer you’ve been looking for. Our founder and CEO is a full-time RVer. He loves the lifestyle and wants to take the hassle out of RVing. We do pretty much everything RV related…. sales, service, wash/detail, indoor storage (hence the name), and collision repair/paint and body.

We recently took on the American Coach line of coaches! Beautiful fit and finish, and with the Freightliner chassis and Liberty Bridge they drive like a dream! I recently did a video on the Dream, which I will link below. As far as sales go, we try to make it a pleasant experience. We take in trades, consignments, we offer extended service plans, and financing. We offer a fair sales price since we want you to be able to buy from us again in the future without being buried in the first coach, we sold you. We really want customers for life! We want to take care of all your RVing needs until you decide to leave the lifestyle.

Please feel free to contact me!

Angie

https://youtu.be/yHigkSa0490
Thanks for the encouragement! We’ll be in touch��
Doodle Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 04:32 AM   #9

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Reputable Dealers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle Mom View Post
Thanks for the encouragement! We’ll be in touch��

Looking forward to hearing from you! Please feel free to call me at 214-392-1100 [emoji4]

Angie
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer