Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2021, 05:48 PM   #29

Long ago, I ran a department in a large regional amusement park. Periodically throughout the open season, we'd have crews out shooting commercial footage, clips for Group Sales videos, etc. On those days, everyone at Admission was asked to sign a photo waiver. When you want to show a couple clips of screaming riders passing by on a coaster, it's hard to track them down for waivers later.

Everyone usually did with no objection. "I'm gonna be in a commercial?!" was the usual reaction.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2021, 09:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Long ago, I ran a department in a large regional amusement park. Periodically throughout the open season, we'd have crews out shooting commercial footage, clips for Group Sales videos, etc. On those days, everyone at Admission was asked to sign a photo waiver. When you want to show a couple clips of screaming riders passing by on a coaster, it's hard to track them down for waivers later.

Everyone usually did with no objection. "I'm gonna be in a commercial?!" was the usual reaction.
^^^ This.

You can't board a Street Car Named "Desire" (or any other name) in New Orleans without the implied consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded (there is a notice placard in every car) but it doesn't stop locals or tourists from riding...

That the RV park/resort is asking for specific releases indicates the likely use of any material is promotion, publicity or advertising. The park would be unlikely to ask for releases for surveillance or security as a general matter.

Irony and steal dept: on a job site, having to sign a model release in case I'm in a picture or video frame that is subsequently used for some currently unforeseen purpose, while also having to sign a non-disclosure agreement which does not allow me to mention that I even worked for that client, was present where or when the picture or video may or may not have been taken, etc.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:44 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I read a post several days ago here where somebody was complaining (mildly) about a picture of their rig being used without permission. It is probably better that they get your permission, although it is annoying. In the end I don't think you legally can have an expectation of privacy in a public place.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:48 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't no CG that special for me to sign my rights away

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!
X2

No way I’m paying them. To many reasonable places to stay.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Are they flying a drone around at night taking pics in bedroom windows? Do they have cameras inside the shower houses? Are they selling kids pics too pedo web sites?

They probably are not doing any of these things, but a blanket release would allow them to do so with your consent. Yes, criminal laws may apply, but you won’t get a $.
Shutterbug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:23 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellville View Post
I read a post several days ago here where somebody was complaining (mildly) about a picture of their rig being used without permission. It is probably better that they get your permission, although it is annoying. In the end I don't think you legally can have an expectation of privacy in a public place.
You are right about not having an expectation of privacy in a public space. However, if the shooter uses the image for commercial purposes, and you or your property are identifiable, they need consent/waiver. Images used in the news are not considered “commercial” for this purpose.
Shutterbug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:56 AM   #35

Update

Thanks for all the great replies.

We checked into the park yesterday and they handed us a clipboard with the waiver forms.
I told them I wasn’t going to sign them, they said ok and asked if we had any pets or a golf cart.
I said no and they said fine and checked us in no problem.

I think a lot of you got it right, some lawyer for the corporation came up with this stuff and the people who run it don’t understand the effect it has on they’re customers.

So far we’re having a great stay just like we always have.
blegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:42 AM   #36

Did you have to mention you were in the Witness Protection program?[emoji41]
[emoji40][emoji382]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:57 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
I complained and complained about the display of my photo in the post office. On second thought maybe I shouldn’t have called the Sheriff![emoji41]
Old 05-11-2021, 10:02 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I complained and complained about the display of my photo in the post office. On second thought maybe I shouldn’t have called the Sheriff![emoji41]
Well, at least you didn't complain in person. What was the problem with the photo? Was it a bad picture like the one you always get on your driver's license or did you prefer it not be there at all?[emoji1783]
[emoji40][emoji382]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:02 AM   #39
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't no CG that special for me to sign my rights away

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!
YUP!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:31 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Well, at least you didn't complain in person. What was the problem with the photo? Was it a bad picture like the one you always get on your driver's license or did you prefer it not be there at all?[emoji1783]
[emoji40][emoji382]
Well for those that don’t read my post regularly, I jest!

But on the photo subject, I’m thinking the photos wavier is to prevent a costly problem if by chance a photo or film clip might show your likeness or your coach in future advertising. I actually wouldn’t mind the wavier but the price of a nights stay pretty much rules out my staying there.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:08 PM   #41

I think a lot of folks are making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

A stinking photo release is now a constitutional rights issue? Give me a break.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:18 PM   #42

There are probably security cameras in the office and some around the site. The office cameras might have audio recording. They are trying to get a release about that.