Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
He said each time he would insert it in a pump the sign would tell him to remove it quickly so he did, and went in to pay inside. I explained that expression meant for the card to be read it had to be removed quickly and then just follow the screen instructions.
Amazing how one takes their native language for granted, I would have never thought about that interpretation! Good thing they were good natured about it. Can you imagine what they would have told their friends back home about those darn USA gas pumps?? Kind of like a robbery stick-em-up and - "remove card quickly" - well last summer it sort of was a robbery!

Good story...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Now that's funny!

Brenda, of...
Old 04-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Ho: We have been traveling in a camper or motorhome for over 40 years and still think the best thing about self-contained traveling is that we can stop anywhere. We usually have a general direction in mind (let's go north to British columbia or south to Arizona), but we never know in advance where we will be when we get tired and decide to stop.

If we need to get somewhere fast or one a schedule, we take the airplane.

We have sometimes had to settle for a non Passport America or a parking lot somewhere, but that is fine for one night.

I don't think the Europeans have a very good idea of traveling in America unless they have done it. We lived in Gemany for 1 1/2 years and the differences are really amazing. I don't know where you would put a 36-foot motorhome there and neither do they.

I like the credit card reader story. Reminds me of some Germans that were trying to attach the motorhome to power through a wall outlet. I was glad to be able to speak German with them as they couldn't speak enough English to register at the campground, let alone understand the motorhome.

Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote