Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Have you ever reserved campsites at different RV parks for the same period of time?
Yes 11 6.04%
No 171 93.96%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2022, 03:42 PM   #71

Fortunately, many parks I have been to have group sites for large camping groups or special events and more importantly these sites are well away from the rest of the sites.
Psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2022, 08:38 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Am I reading this right? There will be 100 people on 2 sites with a DJ?

First, I'm amazed the park would allow that.
Secondly, I feel sorry for the rest of the campers.

That's what group sites are used for - away from the regular campers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigceasar View Post
It would be a very short party in my neck of the woods. Rangers would shut it down quickly. Not fair at all to all the other people who booked sites with the expectation of not having a nightclub next door.
I'm not one for a bunch of rules but I'm sure glad that Texas State parks have a few to combat things like this. Let's hope that the newlyweds, along with their guests, DJ, music, and public consumption are booked in a section of the park away from other campers.
Old 07-29-2022, 11:03 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psneeld View Post
I think you have seriously missed the point.

It's kinda like hoarding toilet paper or anything to the max..... no respect for fellow man....

If it doesn't inconvenience others, then no I don't care, so have at it. When it is selfish and keeps others from enjoying and empty camp sites go to waste...yep THAT P****S me off.....

Hope it never rises to the level of road rage though, as some people go a little crazy when it rises to that level (certainly an indicator of our "don't give a crap about anyone but yourself").
I was and still am a TP hoarder, food hoarder, water hoarder. Back in early 2020 I seen something coming down and getting ready to happen, I bought I could, my wife thought I went nuts until covid hit, my first responsibility is to my self and family and no one else, if that pisses you off then you have a problem not me.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:31 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
.... but this procedure prevents others from requesting those days that you plan to cancel. That's a BIG problem.
Well, kinda. If you cancel as soon as the change window opens, that still leaves 5+ months for others to book the site. With popular campsites, there is simply no other way to ensure you get the days that coincide with your approved vacation. Not sure what the fix to this is.
LJD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:46 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Let's hope that the newlyweds, along with their guests, DJ, music, and public consumption are booked in a section of the park away from other campers.
Which it is. That was the main reason my son picked this location. We are respectful to others, campers or otherwise.
I should also add, my son is 48 YO, his second marriage and his wife just a few years his junior. This won't be a free for all, loud or rowdy.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:23 PM   #76

Before anyone gets too twisted out of shape I should have mentioned this park is on a Lake Ontario Beach front which is directly behind the row of campers. Plenty of room and we won't be disturbing anyone else. The camp sites will be used mainly for dishing out food and beverages and most of the participants are non alcoholic drinkers. Now me on the other hand. I'll leave it at that.
Old 07-30-2022, 01:34 PM   #77

On topic,, your Son is using both campsites for his wedding reception. He is not reserving two campsites with intentions of waiting to the last minute to cancel one and use the other.

The rude part of all of this is that that you didn't mention the specific date or send out invites to your fellow irV2ers!
Old 07-30-2022, 06:28 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
On topic,, your Son is using both campsites for his wedding reception. He is not reserving two campsites with intentions of waiting to the last minute to cancel one and use the other.

The rude part of all of this is that that you didn't mention the specific date or send out invites to your fellow irV2ers!
I'll have to check with him.
Old 07-30-2022, 07:09 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo69 View Post
...I would head to Assateague National Park...and there is always a minimum of 10 empty sites.
We found the same at Assateague State Park. Very difficult to get reservations; then when we get there, there are open spots!

Tags
amps, rving