Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2015, 04:16 PM   #113

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome monster. I have kids and grandkids in West Springfield Ma. Was there September 2012 in the rv. Did a little buffing while I was there.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #114

I live about 1/2 your west of West Springfield. A friend of mine is in that Dept. I saw some posts earlier about the Ahreans Fox trucks if you come back go to the town of Southwick. Maybe 20 min. South and look at theirs it's a beautiful piece
Monster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #115

Tiffin Owners Club
To see a great looking Fox, go to post number 68, I posted a refurbished 1925.
CutieFac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:14 PM   #116

Entegra Owners Club
We just finished a rally at Lazy Days finishing up some work there then 1 month in FLA and heading to Texas for 6 weeks.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #117

Excel Owners Club
Raven, we just left the Tx RGV after 3 months. We are laid up in Kerrville Tx for a few days waiting out the ice storm tgen on to AZ fir the spring and Rockies for the summer. Where in Tx y'all going?
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:53 PM   #118

Retired Northern Mi. Firefighter

Greetings all ---I Got started in the fire service kind of by accident,It was a couple years after I got out of high school I was coming home from work late one night and the vehicle behind me suddenly disappeared as I crested a hill. ?? I Knew that the person had not turned off because road only one direction at that point and it was a t-type intersection so I turned around came back and sure enough another vehicle had blown the stop sign and t-boned this other car!!!

Well....I didn't really know what to do you don't want to remove the people around because you could cost for the injury so I did the best I could and tell the fire department came Bronson place now that arrived well just shortly after that I saw an ad in the local newspaper and city where I lived that. They would send you to medic school... if you did a three year commitment on the department.

This was a community that had a separate EMS department a separate fire department but their house in the building together and many who were on one run the other so what kind of came natural that after about 6-8 months -that I also joined the fire department .

We covered a large large area with both fire and EMS out of two stations..We covered two cities and 4 townships........With the normal stuff on expressways, farms things along that line-- so there was quite a variety of EMS and fire issues.

I went through the Michigan firefighter training officers program ---fireofficer one two-- things on that line and ended up making it to lieutenant didn't really want to go hiher--due to all the politics in everything--- you know how that goes.

Also...did Fire Instructor , Fire Investigator...Lots of interesting trips down to Fire Department instructors conference in Indianapolis ---having tea with guys and gals from other departments ( L.O.L.)...and things along that line through the years also.

Ended up finishing my Stint in Traverse City....after moving here from Lansing Michigan when a spot in T.C. became available. Just under 30 yrs in Fire / E.M.S. . But with all the politics and young whippersnappers ...it was time to leave.

Almost ended up on EMERGENCY 911 a couple times ( William Shatners show )..but they had "better stuff"...... when they came down to broadcast space ....Ohh well... Fame is Fleeting......L.O.L.

Came By camping naturally Was from the family of nine kids so Hotel we're out of the questionSo shortly out of high school I bought I believe it was a Sears Metal trailer one of those metal frames that you folded out --and then put the canvas on it.

Then bought a pop up when someone else went to a hard sided ,fixed it up new canvas new lift cables ,and went to the progression to get better Trailers... truck campers, things along that line-- and now I'm on my third fifth wheel.

Still working in T.C., but in afew yrs looking at Work Camping.....--- I like to keep busy.

Well....thats my story in a quick overview.
bfast54 is offline   Reply With Quote