Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Hello Ladies,
During these cold winter months I start thinking about the fiver and camping. I would like to spruce it up a bit. We would like a new one but in these economic times it is not feasible. So here is my list:
1. replace broken day/night shades with pull down shades
2. add another shelf to medicine cabinet
3. put shelves in the washer/dryer closet
4. clean including all windows and the outside
5. hang some pictures on the walls
6. I would love to stain the oak cabinets white but don't think I'll have time
7. fix the under bed storage so it stays up
(of course some of these DH would have to do so I will need to keep after him)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #2

We always have lists, huh? I wish you the best of luck on your list. For me, the list is:
-treat the roof on the class C, inspect everything
-replace the residential door on the front bedroom of the trailer with a sliding door
-build a patio on the seasonal site
Old 02-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
I bought some WONDERFUL pull down shades at Home Depot. The really long ones - 64" - were only $61. They are honeycombed, you can't see in at night but they let some light in during the day. They are just beautiful and the neat thing about them is that they raise and lower with a touch of your finger . . . no strings, poles or whatever . . . and stay in place. It's like magic . . . not sure how they work. You can see three strings in the middle when the light shines through, but no strings to pull, nothing to attach to the wall and they mounted so easy it was unbelievable. They come in taupe, white, green and grey I believe . . . . I put a piece of velcro on the back of the handle to velcro it to the wall for travel - I raise them all the way up and push on the velcro to fasten them. Riding with them loose makes them sway and come down and I don't want to damage the "magic" that makes them stay put!! LOL!!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #4

We just bought a "new-to-us" 1970-something 31 ft TT to park on a seasonal lot. Our other trailer was only a 19-footer, and a little too small to live in for the better part of 5 months. Lucky for us it was dirt-cheap with a short list of things to do:

1 - replace floor front to back ... not sure what happened in the kitchen, possibly didn't get winterized on year - put down prettier flooring
2 - clean everything (wanna see inside ther frigde?) ... .might just rip it out & replace it
3 - make drip edges for above the windows
4 - replace 2 sheets of panelling, curtains, roof vents (yep, they're all ugly)
5 - check the plumbing, take out holding tanks, old water heater & pump
6 - cross fingers & get it parked before May
7 - plan the add-a-room

Just a lot of little things, but we knew that when we bought it - a good cleaning & new floor/curatins will go a long way! I'm hoping to check out some energy & water saving ideas to immplement while we're doing "the big stuff". I also realized yesterday, that we need to do it right the first time, once we get the add-a-room on we won't be able to move it off the lot! Still, we can't wait 'til Spring.

Fran
4farmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Graciesmon, going to check out those shades you are talking about! Just wondering if you got your floor fixed. Last time I talked with you, you had had some problems with the installation.....Betty
gloriebkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Betty - got the floors fixed but regretting my choice now - I put down the dark wood thinking it wouldn't show dirt as much as the white linoleum that was in here to start with . . . but it shows sand, dust and WHITE DOGGY HAIR!! I'm honestly thinking about replacing it!!! Working on the desk/dinette now . . . . slowly but surely, it's coming around.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
I put the dark in the stick house and you are right about the dust, etc. In the RV we used the light oak and it works great. I have a rather large parti-colored greyhound that loves to shed...it doesn't show up 'too' much on the oak. Don't know if there is good product for footprints AND white hair (LOL)....but I sure like this better than the beige carpet that was in there. Glad you at least got the installation problems worked out.....Betty who is sitting here watching ice form on the trees out side and it was 80 two days ago!!!!!
gloriebkj is offline   Reply With Quote