Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #1

in the event something happens that i cant fix on the road. Who do ya recamend for road side insurance . I have progressive as of now..What are your expierences with RSA??
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #2

in the event something happens that i cant fix on the road. Who do ya recamend for road side insurance . I have progressive as of now..What are your expierences with RSA??
Old 05-30-2008, 07:47 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
RV's require special handling by tow trucks. Most motorhomes can't be towed unless you disconnect the drive line... This is NOT a time to take a chance... Make sure they know what they're doing or it could cost you big bucks. I use Good Sam RV Emergancy Road Service. It's not expensive.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Since we are also members of Family Motor Coach Association, we use their Roadside assistance program. They have been there when we needed them; a blown tire on RV, unlock keys in car, and for a blown tire on the truck (wife was driving) and needed help geting spare put on. The tire blew out north of Phoenix on labor day. Called FMCA and had them bring me a tire and have it installed. I was back on the road in 2 hours.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:17 AM   #5

I can't tell you who but can tell you who not to go with - AAA RV. I had a right rear outer blowout from a road hazard two weeks ago while on a state highway.

It took 1 1/2 hour to get the first truck out there and they did not have the tools required to do the job and wanted to chance running the inner wheel up on a 1 foot long square ended 4X4 so they could remove the lugs and change out the outer after destoying the simulator. They also wanted me to sign a waiver as they were going to damage things and the coach could roll down an embankment if the inner wheel flipped off the lugs or the tire blew from going over the square edge of the 4X4.

I did not sign and had to wait an additional 3 hours for a real tire service truck which cost me $200. They were done 15 minutes after they arrive as they had steel plates, railroad ties, jacks, tools and a large compressor. They put a good sized steel plate and a few railroad ties under the right rear HWH jack and had me raise the coach off the ground with the rear jacks.

AAA RV is marketed for RV's so they should have service companies capable of serviceing RV's in their network however they do not and if I hadn't refused their initial responder I would have chanced the loss of my coach.

I am looking for another road side assistance company.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:37 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We have Coach net
I have used them one time with great service. I have a lot of frends that have them and also love it. I think Winny and Monaco give a year free when you buy new.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:00 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I currently have coach net I havent used it yet
I had AAA RV for years but the price kept creeping up and it was only good for the vehicle I was driving and a limit on the number of calls per year.coach net covers me my wife and 2 kids in college and they said no limit on calls. I have used the AAA about once a year I don't expect to push the limit I just like that everyone is covered for less money.and from what I have heard here coach net is as good as anyone else .
Bob
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:27 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have carried Good Sam since I purchased my motorhome. My sister, who had full timed for several years, had used them with great success. I have not had occasion to use them myself.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:42 AM   #9

I have found "Good Sam" and "Coach Net" to be good reliable service companies. They do what they say they will do and quick. Comparable prices.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Over the years, Good Sam ERS has assisted us several times, each involving tire issues and performed as advertised. We have had our Class A rig towed twice, both times under warranty, arranged by Workhorse and towed to a Workhorse authorized facility. Both times, the driver disconnected the drive line. There was no question in his mind or mine. GS ERS has been worth it.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #11

Good Sam and Coach-Net are both reliable and have good reputations. We have had Coach-net for several years and used them a few times. Once even on a personal car (not RV). the service was great and gave me now reason to change. If you look hard enough you will find complaints about both. We choose Coach-Net as they specialize in RV's, have service techs to answer questions on the phone, and promise to prequalify service providers and assure they have the equipment to do the job.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:37 AM   #12

I've had "Good Sam" and have used them several times. They have been good for me.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Had Coachnet for several years now and have been very satisfied with their service. They even covered a towing expense that I wasn't sure they would. I'll definitely keep my renewal.

Bill
Old 06-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #14

Thanks for all the input folks. GOOD SAM IT IS FOR ME!!! My brother in law towed a smaller class c today about 65 miles to Tom johnson Camping Center in Charlotte N C area.665 bucks... including hook up , etc. The guy said his company was the cheapest he had found!!!