Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Rove R2-4K dash cam on sale!

This dash cam is on sale at Amazon right now for $84.97! Regular price is $109.97! This a a great dash cam. 4K ultra-high definition and super easy to program and use!

https://www.amazon.com/R2-4K-Dashboa...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
That is a nice unit and if i did not already have one this would be in my "basket"
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:32 AM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks for sharing this Joe!!!!!!

Great deal I think.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:50 AM   #4

Thanks for the sale tip. Great price but... I do not grasp why people use dash cams. Sorry if I am being naive. Okay, to record the road in front of you but why?
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #5

I had been thinking about getting a dash cam for at least a year so I went into Best Buy last week and found the Anker/ Roav C1 Pro on clearance for half price...regular $130, down to $65 in the store. Online showed full price. It was my lucky day, I got the last one.
This week they show it on clearance online at $116.??
JK
Jkjavelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #6

A cheap option is, if one has an old smart phone laying around, they may be used as a dash cam, but you must have them attached to the charger for constant use.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
Thanks for the sale tip. Great price but... I do not grasp why people use dash cams. Sorry if I am being naive. Okay, to record the road in front of you but why?
I bought one primarily to record some idiot that bows up and stops in front of me, or the other idiot that pulls out in front of me. I want to be able to prove what I was doing and how fast I was driving at the time!
Old 12-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I bought one primarily to record some idiot that bows up and stops in front of me, or the other idiot that pulls out in front of me. I want to be able to prove what I was doing and how fast I was driving at the time!
You know it's funny, I went to the link and as always I look at the reviews, and the 1st one that comes up shows a video, which is great, because you can see how clear it is. The guy that posted the video and review was saying how it showed how this idiot pulled in front of him and he showed it to the police to prove it wasn't his fault.

BUT....when you look at the video it also shows the yellow light and that it was on for a while, but the person in the RV kept going. So I guess he was in the right, but I'm not sure...just seems like it was yellow for a long time and 'perhaps' he might have had time to slow and and even stop? It seems it turns yellow at the 9 second mark and then he hits him at the 11 second mark. Whew...hard to watch and I hope no one was hurt. But yeah...great quality!

Thanks.

Here's the link:
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:29 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
This dash cam is on sale at Amazon right now for $84.97! Regular price is $109.97! This a a great dash cam. 4K ultra-high definition and super easy to program and use!

https://www.amazon.com/R2-4K-Dashboa...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
I have this same unit and have been using it for quite a while. Works terrific!! If you want,you can tether it to a laptop to look at the files. It records in, iirc, 5 minute long files, but you can set it up in a couple of different ways to save data. Buy the largest micro-sd you can.
Props2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:31 AM   #10

Jayco Owners Club
Not to try and derail Joe's thread, but if you are not needing the 4K res then here is even a cheaper camera with a second for the rear:

https://www.amazon.com/CHORTAU-Dashb...MCDEPG35SSZBQF
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:16 PM   #11

I also have a Rove R2-4K. Still trying to decide which resolution to use. I tried the 4k and really don't see any much difference from using HD (1920x1080 P60). Sometimes I think the HD looks better. What do you use? Is there other reasons for using 4k versus HD such as perhaps will show more clarity if you have to zoom in? Also, do you have the WDR off or on? I use the 128gb card, so storage is not a problem and also have mine set on 3 minute loop.
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger608 View Post
Not to try and derail Joe's thread, but if you are not needing the 4K res then here is even a cheaper camera with a second for the rear:
Caught my eye for sure. The only really bad review of it was by a person who came off as very technically challenged. A quick search found the same one on eBay ten dollars cheaper even.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:52 AM   #13

[QUOTE=stinger608;5070829]Not to try and derail Joe's thread, but if you are not needing the 4K res then here is even a cheaper camera with a second for the rear:/QUOTE]

Saw this and thought "Great"! will put the rear camera in the rear of the 5th Wheel but.....they are not wireless, right?
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:24 AM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehghcty View Post
I also have a Rove R2-4K. Still trying to decide which resolution to use. I tried the 4k and really don't see any much difference from using HD (1920x1080 P60). Sometimes I think the HD looks better. What do you use? Is there other reasons for using 4k versus HD such as perhaps will show more clarity if you have to zoom in? Also, do you have the WDR off or on? I use the 128gb card, so storage is not a problem and also have mine set on 3 minute loop.
I leave mine set at the highest resolution. You don't get as much recording time but that's not a problem for me!

I downloaded the GPS map program to my laptop. It lets me watch a video recording as it shows the exact position on a map! It also shows the speed I was driving and the GPS coordinates! I am very happy with this camera!

Tags
dash, sale