Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2015, 12:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
RV Accident on RT 40 in Arizona

I was wondering if the owner of the RV that had the blowout and crashed was on this forum.

Yesterday afternoon an RV came flying by me doing about 80 MPH of more and when I got up the road alls I could see is this big dust cloud.

By the time I got up there the RV went off the road into the center and came back down.

What I could see was that they had a blowout on one of their tires.

I was unable to pull over due to many trucks and cars on the side of the road already.

What I could see was a large family outside of the RV which lead me to believe that everyone was safe.

Thank God for that.

So if you are a member I was hoping that everything was OK with your family.

A Side note:

I see many RV flying down the road pulling their toads and alls I can think about is what if.

After seeing the video that was posted last month and seeing what happen yesterday really makes me wonder why we have to fly down the road.

I thought that we brought are RV to enjoy the road.

I also told my new neighbors about the accident and I came to find out that they had a bad accident last year and it was totaled.

She was lucky to be alive but lost one of her dogs.

JustJoeAZ
2000 Windsor
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Sure hope that family is OK! 60 is fast enough for me!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:05 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Old 08-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have been known to reach speeds around 65 if I am in a great big hurry.
Luckily we are seldom in a great big hurry.
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I was driving down a grade on the way home from buying the current unit. Didn't know how to work the pacbrake and had a 40mph cross wind.

Was going 75 downhill then discovered a piece of material missing from the center of the driver's seat when I got it home.

65 max for me.
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:16 AM   #6

Everyone going too fast

It appears to me that our country has developed what I call the NASCAR mentality....which says "I will not follow anyone no matter how fast they are going".......and "I will pass everyone who dares to drive the speed limit".....and oh, "didn't anyone tell you the left lane is our autobon".........and get out of my way I'm coming through!"..........

Drive slow enough to enjoy the roses is my theory.........55 is fine.....62 is perfect......
daryl989mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #7

Couldn't even find a report on the above-mentioned accident.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:31 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoeAZ View Post
I was wondering if the owner of the RV that had the blowout and crashed was on this forum.

Yesterday afternoon an RV came flying by me doing about 80 MPH of more and when I got up the road alls I could see is this big dust cloud.

By the time I got up there the RV went off the road into the center and came back down.

What I could see was that they had a blowout on one of their tires.

I was unable to pull over due to many trucks and cars on the side of the road already.

What I could see was a large family outside of the RV which lead me to believe that everyone was safe.

Thank God for that. Why thank Him? Why did He allow the blowout in the first place?

So if you are a member I was hoping that everything was OK with your family.

A Side note:

I see many RV flying down the road pulling their toads and alls I can think about is what if.

After seeing the video that was posted last month and seeing what happen yesterday really makes me wonder why we have to fly down the road.

I thought that we brought are RV to enjoy the road.

I also told my new neighbors about the accident and I came to find out that they had a bad accident last year and it was totaled.

She was lucky to be alive but lost one of her dogs.

JustJoeAZ
2000 Windsor
It's all about the "ME" thinking. All you can do is try to stay out of their way and hope they don't kill some innocent person who does get in their way.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #9

On our first recent five week outing we noticed several things about the way other drivers view RVs. They don't understand the concept of merging, will look you in the eye and still pull out in front of you, no courtesy when you do need to merge over its like they have the attitude of I don't want that thing in front of me!!
Its frustrating at times but you just have to smile, take a deep breath, slow down and let the idiots have their way. I'll let karma take care of them! I wish you all safe travels.

2011 Serrano 31X
Wonderful Life
cuffumdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
I think the time I was so scared I was on a Ca. freeway and people were honking flipping me off and they had to be going 80. My friend told me you will get run over here if you go 65.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #11

The nice thing about driving 60 is you have a lane that is all your own and you almost never pass anyone. Very relaxing. Best to avoid California.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:39 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl989mich View Post
It appears to me that our country has developed what I call the NASCAR mentality.
Boy! I agree. I've always referred to it as everyone thinking they are in a race. Must always get in front of the person ahead of them (and their is always someone ahead). Doesn't matter if they are going to turn right at the next intersection. I see it a lot while cycling too. If you cause someone to slow down or delay their life by 15 seconds, you deserve to die.

I know I was part of that mentality once - sure am glad I've made an escape!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:56 AM   #13

The number of rigs that pass us and are gone is amazing. We roll along at about 63mph on interstates and seldom pass anyone but are passed by all sorts of towed RVs and RVs that are towing. We had a close call a couple of days ago in Yellowstone when someone decided they were going the wrong way and turned around on the road in front of us and on coming traffic. Fortunately, the only thing we hit them with were the Hadleys! I sure hope they needed an underwear change.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
A big part of these accidents and people driving too fast is they just do not know better.
Alot of people jump in to towing things or buying a large class A and they have never driven anything bigger than the family sedan. They get taken advantage of when buying trailers and tow vehicles that are unsafe combinations.
If their car will go that fast why can't the RV!!

Tags
arizona