Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2019, 03:24 PM   #113

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Does this mean I have to sell my new coach and buy a used one ?

Yes, yes it does. It also applies to people who have owned YELLOW Goldwings!!
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2019, 06:27 PM   #114

New outlook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
The only places I have been to that enforced a 10 year rule was on seasonal campers. About 15 years ago I had a client who bought an aging campground to redevelop into a small resort condo project. The biggest hassle for her was getting the 20 or so abandoned camper trailers and a few motor homes disposed of. First problem was the previous owner had been(illegally) renting out some of the abandoned units as lower income housing and since many of them were on public assistance it took several months for that paperwork to play out.
In NY travel trailers and motorhomes are registered vehicles. She spent quite a bit of time and money seizing title/ownership to dispose of them. Disposal was the next issue. The few motorhomes were relatively easy to dispose of since they had enough metal on them to make it worthwhile for the scrappers to tow away. The trailers were another story. Too little salvageable metal to make it worthwhile for most scrappers. She finally struck a deal with a scrapper to break the trailers down on site for the metal scrap while she paid for the dumpsters, landfill disposal and equipment rental to dispose of the rest.

Sounds like a Good Ol Fashioned "Going out of Business Fire" would have been the perfect approach there!...
Old 06-03-2019, 06:32 PM   #115

This was one of the very first Section 8 units for Seniors.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:29 AM   #116

Truly spoken

In 2017 we bought a Coachmen Orion beautiful camper many wiring issues the whole camper had to be rewired and new GFI put in, then we found a 2018 Jayco Melbourne we fell in love with, we traded in the Orion for the Melbourne lost a little money no big deal, that's where the big problems have come in we've had it in the shop more than we've had it out, buying a new one never ever again we've had issues with the floor coming up brand new sink rusting roof leak, found when they modified the frame they cut part of it off,it fell on top of the fuel tank and cut a sensor to the fuel gauge, as far as the warranty work goes we've never had a problem with Mercedes.so the moral to the story is listen to the old-timers don't buy a new one, most of the bugs are worked out of a used camper already
Cj1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
I foolishly bought a new Tiffin and ....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, a Tiffin is an exception. Who doesn’t like a good Tiffin?
leroifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #118

Tiffin Owners Club
Another thing to consider

There may be something y'all are not taking into account re campgrounds w age restrictions. I remember back after the Exxon Valdez spill and resulting legislation, we had to promise both our insurers and our lenders that we would not charter any substandard ships. That translated into no tankers over 20 years old. These age restricted campgrounds may have conditions in their loan agreements that prohibit MH above a certain age. A modern high end campground likely had to borrow a good amount to get started and those lenders may have wanted some assurances that the place will be maintained.
dieseldug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:03 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmpick View Post
This was one of the very first Section 8 units for Seniors.
LMAO
lrgomez1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #120

Winnebago Owners Club
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought to myself... "wow they are restricting the age of the people who stay" lol.... anyway

It's not the age that I have an issue with (and most likely same for park owners), it's the condition of the rig. An older model or classic in good shape is nice to see.

I've seen some old and dangerous park models. Substandard wire, burnt receptacles, etc. I've also seen some rv & trailers repainted with house paint (surplus is my only guess why the choice of colors) and duck tape or tarped over.

One campground I stayed has instituted a no renting policy for park models. I'm assuming if they can't rent the old units the owners will be forced to have them removed or keep paying rent on them. It will be nice to have the old neglected ones gone.

I personally don't want to be near them for both aesthetic reasons and safety.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #121

That was a heck of a rant! I have foolishly purchased a new tiffin bus and can park places that you cant. I love it!
Yclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:03 PM   #122

Ya see that was your problem .. you like us bought a 2018 JAYCO vehicle. We are getting a 2020 compliments of Jayco after 9 months of it being in Warranty constantly. So we shall see how this 2020 Jayco plays out , its a 5th wheel. Even the dealership was amazed as how much is wrong with this 5th wheel and after our last outing- all they can do is shake their heads. The worst was the wall coming apart from the floor-brand new 2018!! What the hades ??? Then the fix was to glue it when it was sent back to Jayco.
Be nice to the Warranty people as they aren't the builders, have your sales rep get you the number to the Jayco division that made yours (be sure to have your vin number ready as that is what they go by to get you to the correct person). Jayco dislikes when people call them, be sure you have all the paperwork, dates, times that you have talked to people at Jayco and the outcome.
Not saying they will do much, but if you have all the issues in writing from your dealership- it may help. Then send it snail mail to Jayco and via email to your rep at Jayco.
We were going to accept it back but after the glue issue and no guarantee from Jayco that the trailer wouldn't have structural problems, we enlisted the help of our dealership who cares about what was going on. But then again I live in a small town on the Western Slope of Colorado. This was Jayco's idea to upgrade and give us a 2020 build, which we are patiently waiting for-4-6 weeks on a build. Hopefully done properly this time around!!!!!!
RVing family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #123

This thread has come undone.
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:34 PM   #124

I have a 2004 Allegro and always keep it looking nice. If I am asked if it is over 10 years old I just say no, and have never had a problem with getting to the RV Park. That said if there was a problem I would move on and take my business elsewhere.
franklin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #125

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroifox View Post
Well, a Tiffin is an exception. Who doesn’t like a good Tiffin?
Exception?? Not necessarily...Will keep what we have..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #126

I have to agree. We bought new to get what we wanted but have got nothing but heartache and misery dealing with junk. After 9mos we are getting lined out. I do agree with you on these snooty RV parks that are way over priced. Move on to the next one . Enjoy yourself and do buy gently used RVs. You will be happier and have more money in your pocket.
Stevemarshia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground