Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2021, 03:56 PM   #1

RV Alert Systems for Deaf or Hard of Hearing

Does anyone have any recommendations on RV alarm systems that have visual or vibration alerts for deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals?

Seeking a carbon monoxide and propane alert system with strobe flasher or Z Wave alert... Thanks for any info you might have!
Jay-Dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #2

First Alert makes a CO2 detector with a strobe. Could not locate a propane detector, but an electronics tech may be able to add a relay to the toner circuit to trigger a strobe.

They also make a combination smoke/CO2 detector.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kidde-10...8057/308476688
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:25 PM   #3

Amazon has several solutions, but they are very expensive compared to traditional detectors. Worth it though to save a life.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:45 AM   #4

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree with both of your sentiments. It is more expensive for the strobe light detectors but we can't put a price tag on the saving of a life. I'll look into seeing if I can get a circuit relayed to the strobe from the propane area for the trigger.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:06 AM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Dubb View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree with both of your sentiments. It is more expensive for the strobe light detectors but we can't put a price tag on the saving of a life. I'll look into seeing if I can get a circuit relayed to the strobe from the propane area for the trigger.
I don't know where to find what I have seen in the past, but one of my relatives had an electronic device about the sizes of a deck of cards that would flash a bright strobe light anytime the device detected a loud noises and was adjustable for the sensitivity. It would strobe if any alarm went off, or if the phone rang, doorbell, door knocking, etc. I tried to find one on the internet to share with you but couldn't find what I was looking for. I will keep an eye out though and see if I can find one. Such a device seems like it would be a good fit for anyone with a limited hearing ability. ~CA
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:35 AM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
I couldn't find what I was looking for, however I came across this article about Iphones that may be of interest to you.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20...hy-you-want-to
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:48 AM   #7

This is fantastic! Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Tags
ems