Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2021, 02:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Its an electronic fueling card for diesel only that let users fill at high speed pumps at truck stops, with some discounts.
Just FYI it is not for diesel only. They only offer discounts on diesel and only at in-network stations.

It is a WEX based card and will work at any WEX station. I have mostly used my card at out of network stations.

I have used my TSD card to get gas in the past. It is not my normal, but it was in a town that the only station I could get into was commercial lanes.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2021, 02:58 PM   #30

RVParky is my "go-to" app. I have tried others, but none are as useful as RVParky.
NanaJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 03:39 PM   #31

RV life. Worked flawlessly from AZ to IL and back. Better than Rand McNally. I use paper maps, websites and sometimes Apple Maps. I call the CG if ANY doubt. No system is perfect, but I like RV Life apps now.
rwicoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:01 PM   #32

I've used a few: Co-Pilot and RV Trip Wizard (part of the RV Life suite). Then there's always Google and the other free ones. Good Sam seems to be building one - they asked me to take a survey the other day about the features I'd want. I'm 12' 10" high and almost 60' towing, so the RV profile is a must. If you're small, just about any Google or look-alike would be fine. If you're like me, you really need RV safe routing.
MBLombard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:22 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickuc View Post
Taking votes on the best RV App. if you used any of them please let me know which one you think is best.
RV Trip Wizard
Galiano girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:10 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
FreeRoam, Campspot, Campendium, Google maps and iExit. iExit is great for what's at each exit regarding rest areas, truckstops, food, etc...
jeddpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:23 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
We use Allstays while traveling. Campground Reviews to help plan trip. Google maps to plan route.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:28 PM   #36

RV Parky and Google Earth
Terradriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:29 PM   #37

I compared several apps and websites including Google to the rv campgrounds that we have locally. They all failed to find at least two. Don't count on any one search.
OnSafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:43 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickuc View Post
Taking votes on the best RV App. if you used any of them please let me know which one you think is best.
We use numerous apps, and online tools for both trip planning, and while traveling.

Apps:
Allstays Camp & RV
NPS (National Park Service App)
Yellowstone
Zion
Waze & TruckMap
GasBuddy
Pilot Flying J (my Rewards app)
Altimeter
Bubble Level

Online planning:
Google: to find interesting places and things to do
look up reviews, find printable maps forvboth National & State parks & trail information
Google Maps, for the Street View. Helps me to find suitable fuel stations, road signs that I don't want to miss.
https://thedyrt.com (for camping, hiking, elevations etc.)
All of this goes into a booklet I print for my wife, the Navigator.

Lastly we use information from you tubers like LoLoHo and others.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:10 PM   #39

Google maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Google Maps.
Be very careful using Google maps with your Motorhome. It does not factor in the size of your rig, bridge heights, difficult turns, and quality of the road. I’ve been working on this for over a month now and there does not appear to be one app that does it all. RVtrip wizard is good for planning but then you have to transfer the route to your gps. I have a route loaded into Hammer which I’m going to try this week. Hammer is a Gps app for the trucking industry. It does allow us to enter the dimensions of our rigs and route accordingly. Adding multiple waypoints is easy. The worst Gps I’ve used is in my new Ram 2500. It’s Tom Tom based. It’s unusable. If you want to take the grand tour of the back roads it’s your system.
Giapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 08:06 PM   #40

Rexhall Owners Group
Campendium is my go to site for most public campgrounds and dispersed/BLM spots. I use it with google maps and check for routes and road conditions. If the location is too far off the beaten path, we'll use the Jeep to explore before taking the coach into an area.
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 08:43 PM   #41

RV Life (which includes Campground Reviews, which I use a lot). Also, RV Trip Wizard, which I use to plan trips. It is linked to Campground Reviews, so I can check out reviews on places where I want to stop/stay.
OlJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:25 PM   #42

Like many of the others, we use RV TripWizard to plan our trips (on the road 5-6 months per year then winter and spring in South Texas) plus several other resources such as the TSD card and app, Gas Buddy for our toad, IExits for rest parks.
We plan our trips on a laptop where we can review campgrounds, points of interest, truck stops, etc. RV TripWizard let’s you display most of the major truck stops then the TSD app will show you pricing all along your route. Good planning almost always gets you into a major truck stop at a lower net price than the small off brand diesel stations with easier access. When there are no major truck stops along your route, such as Michigan’s UP, we use Gas Buddy along with the satellite view on Google Maps to be sure we can get or MH and toad in and out.
We’ve had the RV TripWizard GPS give us some bad directions but have brought it to their attention afterwards, and they’ve fixed the issue for future travelers.
INKY Newbies is offline   Reply With Quote