Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
For those of you that have followed my RV building Project I have made 1 more upgrade. I added gate openers to the gates, a gate lock and an entrance keypad. With this update I don't even need to get out of the RV car when come and go. No more getting wet opening the gates or garage doors.

The keypad has a temporary code option with a max of 7 days usage. This allows me to Code the UPS guy for delivery and the code is removed after the expiration period that I set. I can add up to 25 different permanent and temporary codes.

I had to fab up the mounting bracket on the gate. I got the steel from Tractor Supply and the muffler clamps to mount the steel to the gate from Autozone. Drill a few holes, some spray paint and your done.

Wiring it up is nothing more than follow the directions in the book. I opt'd to run electricity from the power pole to the fence so I could use the provided trickle charger. I installed a $6 Wal Mart battery box and one of their $20 lawn mower batteries. It handles both openers. Each unit comes with 1 remote. I keep one in the toad and the other in the rig.

I almost forgot... You have to run two wires to the Slave from the Master. Due to the fact I didn't want to tear up my driveway I ran some PCV conduit through the culvert to hook up the Slave opener. It's all water proof and whole lot cheaper and easier that tearing up the drive.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #2

For those of you that have followed my RV building Project I have made 1 more upgrade. I added gate openers to the gates, a gate lock and an entrance keypad. With this update I don't even need to get out of the RV car when come and go. No more getting wet opening the gates or garage doors.

The keypad has a temporary code option with a max of 7 days usage. This allows me to Code the UPS guy for delivery and the code is removed after the expiration period that I set. I can add up to 25 different permanent and temporary codes.

I had to fab up the mounting bracket on the gate. I got the steel from Tractor Supply and the muffler clamps to mount the steel to the gate from Autozone. Drill a few holes, some spray paint and your done.

Wiring it up is nothing more than follow the directions in the book. I opt'd to run electricity from the power pole to the fence so I could use the provided trickle charger. I installed a $6 Wal Mart battery box and one of their $20 lawn mower batteries. It handles both openers. Each unit comes with 1 remote. I keep one in the toad and the other in the rig.

I almost forgot... You have to run two wires to the Slave from the Master. Due to the fact I didn't want to tear up my driveway I ran some PCV conduit through the culvert to hook up the Slave opener. It's all water proof and whole lot cheaper and easier that tearing up the drive.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dale, NICE JOB!

Glenn
Old 09-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #4

Dale, even not living in Texas i think it is a real neat job also, Ken....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #5

great looking building! the colors even match you coach. ha! ha! ps. i want one! jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Only you Oemy, only you.

Where did you get the openers ? Are they hard wired under ground or radio operated ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #7

I got the gate openers at Tractor Supply. Yes, they are hard wired.