Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2019, 07:30 PM   #1

RV Covers

I am thinking of maybe getting an RV cover for my MH.
I see one from I believe it was Adco.
Anyone using these and do you like it?
Open for suggestions on what to look for and brands.
Thank you.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2019, 07:51 PM   #2

Adco makes a nice cover, can be spendy. take consideration on how you will get it on top of MH, most way between 50 &60 Lbs. I suggest look for ventilation so cover can breath, access to entry door for inspection during storage. Leave the roof vents open for air circulation. Make sure the cover will withstand the weather elements. Also none scratch inside to protect paint, less scratching the better. They are a bit of a hassle to store, spread out fold & roll like a big rig tarp seem to work for me. Good Luck

Greg
2015 allegro 36LA
2014 CRV
nonameskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:54 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If you put "RV Covers" in the Google search box, you'll get TONS of threads with opinions to read. You can also see what happened to ours (see my photo albums) the 1st year we had it.

Bottom like, covering is better than nothing. However, depending on your weather, you'll get ~3-4 years out of one before having to get another.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:03 PM   #4

4 New Hampshire winters with our Adco cover - still going strong. When using one snug it down as best you can - the less flapping/billowing the less chance of damage to either cover or rig.

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #5

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6147.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	240021
Sure like ours. Yes, it’s big but not too hard to put on or store if you have room(fits in the storage bag if folded properly). No scratches from cover on previous coach. We’re pretty sheltered from the wind so not much billowing problem. First year on this one and looks good so far with lots of snow. We’ll see when we take it off but feel all will be fine. It breathes well with little condensation. Being stored in a building would sure be better but we don’t have that and at $305 can’t rent storage. Long term success will tell but the other coach was great after 3 years with little wear. Good luck!!!
bobmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:07 PM   #6

Thanks gang.
Nlovinit. I looked at some of your pics. I see one of the RV PORT. That is really what I want or similar. What manufacturer was yours??
And, can you add on to the walls at a later date? Also, looks like you are on rock, how did you tie it down? Do you have any problems with wind and what are the dimensions and if you don't mind, what was the cost. I know it may be some years ago according to the date on pic, 2010.
I did get an estimate from a local place, kinda spendy I thought.
Thanks again.
P.S. The cover is temporary till I can get something better.

BOB. Nice looking cover. Do you access to the inside of your rig?
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:23 PM   #7

They only last a year or two here in the Arizona sun but still lots cheaper than covered parking. Polyester stand up to the sun better than polypropylene. Sunbrella is best but heavy and pricey.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
They only last a year or two here in the Arizona sun but still lots cheaper than covered parking. Polyester stand up to the sun better than polypropylene. Sunbrella is best but heavy and pricey.
I had the cheaper gray covers twice and they disintegrate quite rapidly. I then got the Sunbrella cover and it lasted many years. Problem is they are heavy, expensive and a pain in the rear to put on and take off. I would not even attempt to put a cover on the rig I have now.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
Thanks gang.
Nlovinit. I looked at some of your pics. I see one of the RV PORT. That is really what I want or similar. What manufacturer was yours??
And, can you add on to the walls at a later date? Also, looks like you are on rock, how did you tie it down? Do you have any problems with wind and what are the dimensions and if you don't mind, what was the cost. I know it may be some years ago according to the date on pic, 2010.
I did get an estimate from a local place, kinda spendy I thought.
Thanks again.
P.S. The cover is temporary till I can get something better.

BOB. Nice looking cover. Do you access to the inside of your rig?

Yup, it has multiple zippered panels for access. ADCO from Amazon.
bobmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:32 AM   #10

Depends where you are from. Canadian winters tend to destroy the Adco covers quickly and their warranty doesn't cover high winds (even for the windproof model).
Vulcan1500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover