Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is an eye opening event. Scary to say the least! I hope that everyone was somewhat ok.
Dirtbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #30

By looking at the picture, I would say that motorhome was moving pretty fast.
I set my cruse at 55, in the more than 30 years and 500,000 miles and 7 blowouts, two in the front, I've never had a problem stopping the motorhome,
Slow down; the life you save may be your own.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Also, check your tire pressure EVERY day that you are traveling. That is #1 on our daily check list
phxmtngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
We tried to check all the tires on our new-to-us Winnebago yesterday. The inside rear was low and the compressor would not inflate it throught the extension stem. Is there something we're missing here? It's a 22.5 inch tire.
BarbRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #33

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbRN View Post
We tried to check all the tires on our new-to-us Winnebago yesterday. The inside rear was low and the compressor would not inflate it throught the extension stem. Is there something we're missing here? It's a 22.5 inch tire.
Have you tried an RV dual type inflator nozzle? Some times the standard air chuck will not work on RV wheels due to accessibility issues.
If access is not a problem then I would suspect a problem with the tire valve and/or the extension stem itself.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Have you tried an RV dual type inflator nozzle? Some times the standard air chuck will not work on RV wheels due to accessibility issues.
If access is not a problem then I would suspect a problem with the tire valve and/or the extension stem itself.

OK thanks. We're heading to the tire store on the way out of town Saturday.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbRN View Post
What compressor? If it's the on-board, there is LOTS of discussion on this site with most finding it unsatisfactory. You really need a 150psi electric compressor and a tire pressure monitoring system.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
What compressor? If it's the on-board, there is LOTS of discussion on this site with most finding it unsatisfactory. You really need a 150psi electric compressor and a tire pressure monitoring system.

No, home workshop compressor. We are a gas motorhome. It's a 120 PSI.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #37

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV NEO,, You saved me the trouble of looking up that video (FOLKS WATCH IT PLEASE WATCH IT)

I have been driving for like 50 years (not all of them on the road, I'm only sixty... tomorrow) and I have, at one time or another, blown about every tire possible, and kept control of the car. Today I drive a motor home.. One flat so far (No loss of control however it was the outside dual and my speed.... Let's just say I walk faster.. Was in QZ and found it at the gas pump.. Called the tire guy, pulled off to a parking slot and got it fixed on the spot.) I have never lost control.

In spite of that, years of experience, several flats.

I LEARNED FROM THOSE VIDEOS

I highly recommend them.