Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #15

It will all be solved with EVs..........
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #16

Spartan Chassis
LOL
I am glad to know the media has successfully brainwashed you. Amd I mean that honestly... I have worked in the media for 34 years and I know exactly what they do behind the scenes to make people believe their political agenda, lies and all. Thank you! It has put a roof over my head!
Sounds like you should sell it all yo someone who would appreciate it.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
It will all be solved with EVs..........
And more large stationary tailpipes!
Old 11-26-2021, 10:42 AM   #18

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I feel a bit guilty but..

1) I don't have any children so haven't burnt lots of carbon shuttling them around

2) older (but probably not as old as most of you) so...

figure the worst of climate change will come long after I'm gone (and I don't have any direct descendants to be concerned about), but maybe not (re: the worst of it coming after I'm gone).

Old 11-26-2021, 10:45 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nope.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:03 AM   #20

America can never secure the greenie dream as long as the 3rd world countries don't follow suit. So get out there and burn it up baby you've got a 100 generations before the next ice age.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #21

No, I don’t really worry much about it. Other than diesel fuel we normally consume less of about everything when traveling with our Montana fiver. We power and heat the Montana with electricity as much as possible and have several hundred watts of solar charging lithium batteries and running our residential fridge and coach when boondocking. I rarely use the genny we carry along. I worked hard my entire life and plan to enjoy the few remaining years God may give me to the fullest. No apologies.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:19 AM   #22

I figured out a long time ago that all organisms affect their environments - and vice versa. The planet will survive whether we do or not - and to think that we can imagine what might happen 100 or 1000 or 1000000 years from now strikes me as ludicrous. Did anyone in 1920 predict the internet?

Anyway, when the Al Gores of the world ride bikes instead of private jets to their little play dates, conferences, whatever where they preach to the peasantry about carbon footprints then maybe I'll start worrying about my RV, Jeep, motorcycles, etc. Meantime I plan to continue enjoying retirement and said enjoyment involves use of whatever fuels I need to power my toys.

We have a system to allocate resources - it is called "the economy". As long as we play by the rules we have no need to feel guilty about using what we can afford to use.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS15 View Post
Then, why don’t you sell the rv, the cars, the lawn mowers, disconnect your house from natural gas, electricity and water, don’t eat beef because cows fart and live in the dark and freeze?
X2
I sleep very good at night.

Enjoy the journey
Old 11-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #24

Not at all until I read this thread.

And, now?

Still no.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
Nothing like a thoughtful question to bring out the best in IRV2 members
Besides the hostility, denial, and rationalization, they weren’t all that bad.

Anyway, sure I’ve thought about it, but I’ve given up. Mankind doesn’t have the smarts or the will (mostly the latter) to do anything.

It’s time to start building the domes.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
Besides the hostility, denial, and rationalization, they weren’t all that bad.

Anyway, sure I’ve thought about it, but I’ve given up. Mankind doesn’t have the smarts or the will (mostly the latter) to do anything.

It’s time to start building the domes.
Now that you mention it, there are quite a few people who don't think for themselves and are complacent in their submission to the will of others over their destiny. Usually, those who dominate, practice counter to their preachings. Ever notice that?
Old 11-26-2021, 12:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blueox View Post
America can never secure the greenie dream as long as the 3rd world countries don't follow suit. So get out there and burn it up baby you've got a 100 generations before the next ice age.
100 generations? The last reasonable discussion I sat in on, a participant more learned in geo-history than I noted that we are still in the last one. There has been nothing in climatic terms to end it.
The "Little Ice Age" ended about 5 generations ago, depending on what point you choose to so mark it. I like the event that established the Old Farmers Amanac as a long term favorite. In late 1814 the next years predictions forcast snow in July! Now that was for the New England, but still it happened. So that is when I consider the end of the Little Ice Age.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
RV Environmental Impacts

Sure I think about it and do what I can. Until the world incl China 1.5 billion and India 1.4 billion primarily step up more fully ( we …330 million have already curtailed emissions on our part with the easy stuff) it’s a loosing battle. It’s a global issue one country can’t do unless all do. The environment is not confined to borders.
My personal belief is we should be doing more to mitigate damage of human or natural climate change by getting people to move from flood areas protecting our food supplies etc etc.
“Climate” has changed since long before us and will long after. If we as whole world are unwilling ….then give up as doomed like a unthinking Dino or prepare for the possible changing future. As an past Oregonian I still recycle, long after I discovered nobody but the west coast does.Even Oregon trashes a lot of their “ recycling”. Did you know that? there is no market for it. The state park I worked for collected it in the nice separate bins but with no way to recycle
We dumped it quietly in the compactor.