Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2021, 08:45 AM   #57

Nasa is studying earth-saving asteroid deflection with it's latest launch.
When the wormhole-portal is found should we go back and save the dinosaurs from the Chixulub asteroid collision?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2021, 09:14 AM   #58

Jayco Owners Club
I firmly believe that the data clearly indicates that climate change is real and caused by humans. I also believe that the data was proven to have been manipulated as there is evidence that proves that manipulation of the data has occurred and this evidence has been around for a very long time. Even those researchers who manipulated the data admit to doing so, with the claim that they manipulated the data in order to make it more accurate. It is interesting that the real data didn't support their claims, but fortunately for them that the manipulated data does support their conclusions.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:19 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I firmly believe that the data clearly indicates that climate change is real and caused by humans. I also believe that the data was proven to have been manipulated as there is evidence that proves that manipulation of the data has occurred and this evidence has been around for a very long time. Even those researchers who manipulated the data admit to doing so, with the claim that they manipulated the data in order to make it more accurate. It is interesting that the real data didn't support their claims, but fortunately for them that the manipulated data does support their conclusions.
Data vs real data. For what epoch? 120 years? Interesting.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:38 AM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am a firm believer in climate change.
When I don't like the climate, I change it !

Mike in Colorado
Attached Images

2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post
I am a firm believer in climate change.
When I don't like the climate, I change it !

Mike in Colorado
A little dry humor can't hurt.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #62

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
Data vs real data. For what epoch? 120 years? Interesting.
I don't know what particular data was manipulated or for what periods, just that the data was manipulated which the climatologist don't deny. I suspect the answer to your question may be hard to find.

For me, I am not really concerned with what data was changed anyway or for what period(s) of time. The answer to that question doesn't really matter for those of us who agree with the following.

“Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.” Albert Einstein
Old 11-27-2021, 11:09 AM   #63

If anyone wants to see how the data is being manipulated to support the global warming narrative go look up the hockey stick graph.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:14 AM   #64

OP here. Wow! thanks for weighing in everyone. I didn't expect such passion or variety of thoughts when I posted what I thought was a pretty open minded question.

Since the topic drifted to climate change from burning our fuel hungry Rv's I'll throw my $0.02.

I am not any sort of scientist but it seems to me if you pull trillions of tons of something out of the ground and burn it (year after year) then something gotta change.

Also, I am not a big fan of the worldwide instability the energy sector promotes.

Nonetheless, we do have to live our lives and if traveling is how you want to live it then by all means enjoy!
Old 11-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #65

I wish every post showed the poster's age.

That would make it easier to get an idea if these opinions are a sample of a particular age or demographic group, the RV community or the general population.

2⁶
Old 11-27-2021, 11:28 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetranz View Post

That would make it easier to get an idea if these opinions are a sample of a particular age or demographic group, the RV community or the general population.

2⁶
You would find that the young and naive believe in global warming and the old and wise think it's a hoax.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetranz View Post

2⁶

This is 100% RVers so obviously representative of the RV community. Additionally, I'll go out on a limb and say a lot of the participants are in motor homes and a lot are on the road a lot longer than the general population's typical vacation. So, I would say no it is not representative of the general population.

I think in general it is hard for folks to consider changes requiring an established lifestyle be turned upside down.

I wish the next dominant species the best of luck!
Old 11-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
I wish the next dominant species the best of luck!
Hopefully they won't be silly enough to pump us out of the ground and burn us for fuel.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:43 AM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
Well OP, it's hard to think of a hobby where you'll find folks less concerned about environmental issues so the response is predictable! Demographics of forum users is a factor as well. Younger and better educated RVers frequent other platforms. Nevertheless, some of us do ponder this. We weigh our personal happiness against our responsibility to the greater world and make our choices. My ego did not compel me to have kids, so that's one huge plus for the environment. My PU and small trailer get about 14mpg. Not great but I go the same places as RVs getting 7mpg, though I may sacrifice some conveniences. My daily driver gets 60+mpg with no compromises. I don't travel by air, I live in a modest sized home and I get as much of my electricity from solar as my utility permits. Etc, etc. So not a poster child for environmental responsibility but not an ostrich either. Best I can do.... Human nature being what it is, I give us another half dozen generations and the last couple won't be pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
Looks like it's now up to 99.9% of scientists. https://www.theguardian.com/environm...used-by-humans BTW,these are folks who have the education and mental acuity to actually understand whatever data exist. So yeah, if Bubba still doesn't get it, he's not playing with a full deck. Still plenty of opportunity to debate what can/should be done.
Have you sufficiently talked down to everyone who doesn't share your point of view now, or will there be more?
Old 11-27-2021, 12:02 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
“…I am not any sort of scientist but it seems to me if you pull trillions of tons of something out of the ground and burn it (year after year) then something gotta change…”
Sure, if you say it that way it sounds ominous. However, context is important. CO2 from all sources is approximately 0.04% of the atmosphere and estimates of what amount of that is caused by human activity is around 5% (0.002%) and of that the US is responsible for about 16%. So the entire US is responsible for 0.0003% of the atmospheric CO2.
The atmosphere is really, really big.
Closed Thread