Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2018, 04:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschlo View Post
hoping this is the place to find this answer!
No, it's not.

This isn't an RV issue. It's a relationship issue. The fact that you're asking anonymous people on the Internet for relationship advice is...well...I'll hold my opinion on that.
OregonJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2018, 04:38 PM   #30
GKW

A friend of mine recently got a 40 foot diesel pusher and his mother in law was admiring the new coach and asked “how many does it sleep”? He quickly replied two.[emoji23]
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:16 AM   #31

I would not want others sleeping over in ours either, mostly due to it's size. However, you are right--RVs have temperamental systems and are much more delicate than what's in a S&B house. Easy to tear up and not realize.
How long have you two been dating? Is this her first area of disrespecting your boundaries?
Oct Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:26 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
You've got a lemon... and I'm not talking about the RV.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschlo View Post
Yes I have had the talk however we dont see eye to eye especially with her adult son. There are 4 in out core group. Her, her daughter (11) my daughter (13) and me. Her son lacks respect for personal items and space.

No question. SAY GOODBYE, If you do not stop it now, YOU are in for a miserable life.
VegasFoodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #34

What a question to ask of strangers on the World Wide Web. I’ll bite....boot her!
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #35

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Doesn't respect your wishes now and it's not going to get better!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #36

I can relate! It took a stern talk with the wife to get her to understand that I do not like a tone sleeping in my bed! Period! I had to really lay down the law on that one. Mind you, she is a caring, giving woman with a huge heart. But it just will not work having someone else sleep in my bed.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #37

National RV Owners Club
The coach is similar to the boat we have had for 20 years. When someone says they would love to go with us I ask what kind of boat they bought and give them the number of the marina so they can rent a cabin, or the name of the campground next door so they can reserve a site. I then tell them they are welcome to ride along on the boat all day and go to their place at night.
When the kids were in school we let 1 bring a friend if the other wasn’t coming, which made it better for us. As far as our friends are concerned we probably haven’t had more than 10 people stay on the boat with us in 20 years.
In the coach they can ride with us and bring a tent. Never had a problem.
The boat has 2 separate cabins and the coach only has a fold out. If someone were to stay on the fold out they had better be ready at around 8am for me to show up in my skivvies and make coffee[emoji41]!
BOOZE TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Been there, done that. As the Raven said, "Nevermore!"

I learned to really appreciate the Roy Clark song, "Thank God and Greyhound She's Gone!"
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #39

Yep, I've had those questions... Like, "So, How Many Does That Thing Sleep"?
I always reply "just two", and then get funny looks
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:32 AM   #40
PKI

Council

Suggest you discuss your concerns directly. If you can't do that, you will never have a relationship that is a partnership. Boats and RVs are small spaces. They must be respected. That requires the recognition of appropriate responsibility and the associated behaviors.

It does not happen often, but from time to time folks discuss relationships which are not compatible with either the RV lifestyle or their own personal lifestyle. Generally, the problem is that one or both partners do not understand or are unwilling to adapt. Establish which issue you have and fix it or end it.

School - only one priority is acceptable - finishing with a satisfactory result. Any distraction should be shed until a later period of time. It is a period of deferred gratification. Otherwise the effort is a waste.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
No, it's not.

This isn't an RV issue. It's a relationship issue. The fact that you're asking anonymous people on the Internet for relationship advice is...well...I'll hold my opinion on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningHard View Post
What a question to ask of strangers on the World Wide Web. I’ll bite....boot her!
I'm wondering why you're putting up with this mess in the first place
OCD ? No just reasonable. They'll call you every name in the book to make you feel badly and give in. If you can't do this for yourself, DO IT FOR YOUR DAUGHTER FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!
lfcjasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
No, it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningHard View Post
Nothing else said could be any more accurate than what these two posted. Jim E. OKC
engine103 is offline   Reply With Quote