I have had the best deal through an Independent agent who represents multiple companies. My agent has already called me once because he shops rates yearly and got me an even better renewal rate than his original deal which was 2/3 the price that I previously had through AARP/Hartford. Funny thing is that the renewal is through Hartford, but at barely half what Hartford was wanting through AARP. My experience...
1. Beware the "affinity" hookups like through AARP or Good Sam.
2. Beware the heavily advertised products like Progressive.com. My agent could have written with Progressive commercial directly for much less than I was quoted from Progressive.com. I think Flo gets a pretty healthy cut of the premiums.
3. Find a good honest independent agent and let him work for you.
4. Make sure the coverage is complete for an RV.
5. Do not stay with a company year after year without checking the competition.
2017 Coachmen Orion, Ford Transit 3.7L: previous
'09 Pleasure Way Lexor, '05 NRV Dolphin 5342