Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #1

RV Loan

Looking to fiance a 2005 motorhome for around 32,000. My bank will only go 36 months. Are their lenders out there that will go longer. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Edhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2022, 11:55 AM   #2

I just purchased a 2005 Tiffin Allegro 30DA for 35k. I live in MN and went to the local credit union. They financed the total amount for 144 months at 4.99. Was a good deal. Credit Unions have the best deals on RV's as I found.
Mr63Plyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:03 PM   #3

Credit Union is the way to go. I'm with Navy Federal - many others are quite good as well.
tomgrigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 09:14 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Got a HELOC? If I needed a loan, that's where I'd go.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 05:37 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Have to agree about the credit union, but check around. When we got our 2006 Beaver Monterey we started with Navy Federal but they don’t actually do RV loans and we had a personal loan (higher rate and shorter term). We did a little shopping and found a local CU (Chartway) that gave us a loan for a much better rate and 15 years.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Got a HELOC? If I needed a loan, that's where I'd go.

Most HELOC have a draw time limit then you refinance or have a ballon note.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:06 PM   #7

credit union

Everyone always seems to says something like, "I recommend you check with your credit union like I did," but it would be much more helpful if they said "I got a quote of x% interest for y months on a loan for $z from ABC Credit Union in June of 2022."
nsxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
Everyone always seems to says something like, "I recommend you check with your credit union like I did," but it would be much more helpful if they said "I got a quote of x% interest for y months on a loan for $z from ABC Credit Union in June of 2022."
That could be because terms and interest rates aren’t monolithic. Your FICA, debt load, etc., will influence the rate you’re offered and the term of exposure. Most institutions, for obvious reasons, aren’t going to risk a longer term exposure on an 18 year old RV. If they do it’s likely you’re going to pay a premium interest rate, the more risk they expose themselves to, the more you’re going to pay. While meantime, if you do find a lender willing to go long term on an older unit it will likely be a local institution, you’re not going to find them on a forum.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:54 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhick View Post
Looking to fiance a 2005 motorhome for around 32,000. My bank will only go 36 months. Are their lenders out there that will go longer. Thanks for any help you can offer.
I financed our 2006 Georgetown xl through Westlake Finance when we bought it last year. It's is an 8 year loan for 30000 plus.
SeaBreazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 06:17 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

I'm a CU proponent, but the 3 different CUs I have belonged to all financed RVs as if they were just expensive cars, i.e. loans of 36-72 months depending on the age of the vehicle. Suitable for car-size loan ($40+K these days), but not so great for a new motorhome or high-end towable.

So shop around - do not assume that any one source of type of lender will be the lowest.
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote