Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2021, 03:38 AM   #1

RV magazine, what the............

I just got my first two issues of Rv magazine. This is the new product from camping world and Marcus about RVs. I read the first issue in about halfway through I realized it wasn’t really about RVs but about bringing people into RVs and more directly into camping world in Gander. There was no real meat about RVing and tricks and maintenance. The few articles that were included did not get very deep into topics and was really what you would call light weight journalism. Again, most of the articles have a spin about the people writing them or some way of directing you to be sold some thing. Even the how to stay fit when you’re RVing, I’ve seen this couples online blog and it appears that they have a regular spot in the magazine now. To me the magazine is a cross between sunset magazine and a flyer. I paid for a year of Rv magazine and I’ll let it run out but that’s it, this is nothing near what the old motorhome magazine was. I know print media is a very hard market but abandoning your core audience to reach out to a new audience while telling your core that this is going to be great was shortsighted. This magazine is really nothing that I would subscribe to you again.
kiethco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2021, 04:53 AM   #2

I know, I really dislike this RV Magazine.

I used to subscribe to Trailer Life and Motorhome. Not perfect, but a whole lot better than the new RV Magazine.

I won't be renewing my subscription.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:00 AM   #3

We were not impressed with the very thin issue 1. We have received the 2nd issue and noticed most of why we kept the other two magazine subscriptions was missing.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:18 AM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
I agree I am a life member and very disappointed in the new version of the magazine . If I had a pet bird I would have a use for it but I think it lives up to the nickname RAG.
Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:21 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've found the free online forums to be much more informative than any periodical that arrives in my snail or electronic mail boxes.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:36 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Horrible unless your looking for a cooking magazine and a magazine devoted to trailers. Nothing in it for class A or C owners. No technical or maintenance tips. Will not be renewing and will trash issues until then.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:53 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Same feelings here. I read the first one and was disappointed. I thought I would make my decision after the second edition. I received it yesterday. What a joke. I called the 800 number inside the front cover and canceled it. I let them know how I felt about the new look. I will be receiving a prorated refund. I would suggest anyone having the same feelings, call and cancel now and let them know why. Maybe if they get enough cancelations it will get their attention. At the least, it will cost them something.
Just a thought.
Darrowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:06 AM   #8

I miss the technical articles. I can get a cookbook at the library for free. I will have to see when my subscription expires. If it expires this year I will keep throwing it in the recycle bin. If it is longer I will call and cancel.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:24 AM   #9

This new rag reminds me very much of the format of AAA members' magazine VIA. A very fluffy, destination vacation oriented waste of paper. I expect to see more articles about wineries, beaches, decorating your vacation home and trendy recipes but not much in the way of 'how-to' articles or in-depth reality. BTW, I usually put VIA directly in the recycle bin when it arrives. Not even good toilet reading.

What really irritated me was Lemonis' 1st editorial commanding all RVers to use a RV-related handle on social media to push and pump his idea of what RVing is and to sell his product lines. No thanks! The quiet places are getting harder and harder to find these days as it is, and I don't need him pumping in more ignorant, product oriented newbs. I'll gladly help anyone that needs help, but I cringe at the idea of the crowding caused by that guy.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:07 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
Fortunately (for me) my subscription notice just came in and after reviewing the 2nd issue (twice just to be sure it was worthless) I decide not to renew. I am an Escapees member and that publication plus places like this forum will provide me with the news and information I need minus the constant sale pitch.

BTW, notice the absence of the "need help with dealers/manufacturers/repairs problems" section?
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:07 PM   #11

It seems like a Martha Stewart meets the millennials type of thing. Seems like the core of the market is being ignored. Maybe a new magazine is needed that can truly merge all types of rv's and the info they need into one publication. Sadly, in September I renewed for three years and magazines don't do anything for a compost pit.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:42 PM   #12

Yep. My Motorhome/now RV mag ran out with the 2nd issue of the new abomination. I'm not renewing, it's terrible.
What I find funny is that I was getting renewal notices in the mail as late as December to renew my Motorhome magazine. "3 years, Best offer!"
Talk about bait and switch.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:49 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
These forums are some of the best places for real rv related stuff. Several years ago I also discovered "Love your rv". Ray's blog is no fluff, and on point with lots of good diy stuff and product reviews- you should check it out.

Another really laughable show is "The RV Show USA". It's like watching Romper Room. And I was also very disappointed when "The RV'ers" came on.

I think there should be a show or a talk radio segment for advanced rv'ers that really has some meaty content.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:50 PM   #14

It sounds like the old Good Sam Club's magazine.... a lot of advertising.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote